Monday, March 03, 2008

welders

Here's a picture of my house in that snow we had on Feb. 26. It was very fluffy and piled high on everything. My neighbor's drive that you see had been plowed about 7:30 a.m. and this photo was taken about 9 a.m. so you can see how much it just kept snowing.


Friday night, we did not go to see Nick Moss and the Flip Tops. The excuse we used was that the roads might get bad but actually we were just not up for it. So Amy and I went to Corner Grill for burgers and then to Beckett's for one beer and some lackluster pool and then although it was only 8:40 we tried to drink beer at my house and failed.

Many, many people came out for the Welders 30th anniversary concert. Fiely's daughter's Megan's band played during the Welders breaks and they were excellent. She plays bass.
So here are the pix. Men wearing Welders t-shirts. No shirts were available this year.


Rod talking to Doug. People are sick of being on my blog so most of these shots were taken surreptitiously.


The Relics.


Terry Klein talking to Vera.


Linda Kidd.


Crowd. John Doering's back.




Billy Hanway and his girlfriend and yet another blonde.


No pictures of the Welders but you've seen them before.

Earlier that day, I had gone to Turbo Kick at the gym and did a radio show and shopped at Elder Beerman for some pillows. Then I made green bean casserole and took it to Amy's, where she had baked a pork tenderloin and made scalloped potatoes and Connie brought sweet potato mash and a salad and peach pie. No wonder those 5 whiskeys didn't do much at Howard's. I drove home around 1:30.

Sunday, didn't do much. Cleaned, tidied, sorted, read. GNO Wednesday. Got my state tax refund deposited on Friday.

Yesterday it was purportedly 45 degrees but not that nice out, with a damp wind and no sun. Today it was 58, but cloudy and now it's supposed to be mid 30s the rest of the week. Soon, my pretty.

Called my mom today whom I have not talked to since Christmas Day. No news. And no news is good news, as it is said. Karen purportedly has got her job to hire her permanently and got a $2 an hour raise and her health insurance will finally kick in in April although she tells my mom she doesn't know how much of her massive drug ingestion it will cover. I figure she just tells my mom this so she can stash away cash and then bolt, leaving me to buy a house trailer in Delaware, OH. Their heat doesn't work well, their gas bill is high, the feral cats are peeing underneath their trailer.

Eddie Shaw March 19 at Grounds. Cards at the Butterfly Blues Farm March 22. Easter March 23.

No comments: