Tuesday, March 18, 2008

feeling lopsided

Last night, I took the cats to the vet. I pointed out how thin Big is and indeed he weighs the same as Kitty Witty who used to weight about 6 but now they both way just a little under 12. One time, Big weighed 18. So two feline luke shots and some blood drawn from the Big to test for hyperthyroidism, $148. And well worth it. I'm sure in some big city someplace, somebody is reading this and thinking they just paid $500 for the same thing for their two cats.

Then I did that bands Pilates DVD which always makes me think 'Why don't I do this more often?' It makes you feel like an upright human.

Then I finished watching 'True Romance.' Man, what a great movie if you can get past the torture and shooting and blood. And such a great cast: Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper and James Gandolfini and Val Kilmer (who I still can't figure out who he was). The ultimate love story.

So today, I'm talking to Becky Black across the hall at work and she points out that Disney has resorts at Hilton Head and at Vero Beach, Fla., where we also get the 50% off employee discount. They have these two bedroom villas and three bedroom ones that we could get for like $250 a night and they sleep 8 people. It's a 13-hour drive but if we left Thursday night and drove halfway and drove halfway Friday morning and stayed Friday and Saturday and Sunday night, we could get up Monday morning and drive all the way home. Kinda like Virginia Beach. So only two days off work for 3 days in resort-o-rama. I have to log in to some complicated employee website so I can show you the rates which I am not up to at this juncture. Stay tuned. May is a down time, rate speaking. Let's consider.

Also today I went to Beaner's in Cricket West to get a latte and the person in front of me had ordered a skinny skinny mocha. I had to ask. It means with skim milk and no sugar. I asked 'What's the point?' The barista said 'Exactly.'

I registered for the Egg Scramble on the way home tonight. I went to the Community Center and filled out a form and gave them my $8 and it took about 3 minutes. I exhort you to follow suit. March 28, 8-10 p.m.

Food journal: Egg sandwich, milk, 3 ounces pork tenderloin, hummus with celery, 1 oz. dried fruit and nut mix. An ounce of dark chocolate, of course. Drinking still that Perrin rose which I like. It's silky. Eating close to the bottom of the food chain.

Also, my porch project. I am thinking something like this for the steps. And then some flagstones in the yard to fashion a walk and possible chair sitting area with one of those umbrellas from Lowe's I saw at the Home Remodelers Show. Just for a kind of backdrop. You can tilt it around or put it overhead.



And some plantings of stuff and general expense. But hey, isn't that why the Dubya is sending me $600??

Note: today I am listening to one of my radio shows from April 23, 2005 and the weather forecast was for a high of 37 and low of 30 and 3-5 inches of snow which I believe we got. I was not blogging then so I would need other corroboration.

Eddie Shaw tomorrow night. Let's hope he shows up.

I have scheduled a haircut with Lucy's daughter Sheri for Thursday.

No comments: