Tuesday, March 25, 2008

how can it only be Tuesday?

Apparently the longest week of spring is upon us. At least I can be buoyed by the fact that in April I won't have to work any 5-day weeks.

Tonight I ordered some natural species shrubs and wildflowers from a flyer I got at the Home Remodeling show. I got 5 spicebush for $5 and 5 sand cherries for $5 and they claim these are 12 to 18 inches tall. Plus a packet of wildflower seeds ($10) indigenous to the area which include bergamont and showy tick trefoil and prairie thimbleweed, among dozens of others. I hope they are indigenous near a black walnut tree. Plants an area 12 feet by 20 feet so I may be sharing. They also have a packet for you folks with sandy soil that has stuff like rough blazing star and little blue stem. You could still order some before April 4 here.

No radio show Saturday. Pretty soon I'll be saying, "I wish I could have a weekend of nothing." Then I'm sure I'll be preempted for baseball in April. But come May, the airwaves will be all mine.

Also my mom calls me Sunday to say she should have called me Saturday to see if I was coming down for Easter. Now why would I do this? Easter to her is a holiday where candy is given out. Although she does cling to that family on holidays thing. I'll have to go down there soon and on Mothers Day. I guess it will be April 13 because otherwise it will be April 27 and only two weeks until Mothers Day.

And the vet called last night to say Big's thyroid tests came back negative so she thinks I should start him on beta blockers and baby aspirin to treat his heart murmur so I need to stop out there and get these pills.

Drinking tomorrow night.

No comments: