Sunday, March 16, 2008

weekend

So Friday night on the way home from work, which I meant to leave early, but as usual did not, I stopped at Churchill's up off Dussel. I bought a case of wine. Today, I did the research on original prices and I maybe saved $30 total off original prices. We drank a bottle of Merlot at Amy's last night and it was pretty good. I am not much on judging so I won't be saying something like this:

Aromas and flavors of ripe red cherry, pomegranate and raspberry plus nutmeg, cocoa, coffee, tobacco and a little menthol; puckery tannins; grainy finish.

I fear the wine guy at Churchill's prefers wines with a little more earthiness to them than I like. We'll see in the tastings.

I also bought a red pesto pork tenderloin which I will cook today. I see that it is regular pesto but with sun-dried tomatoes for the red part. Sounds tasty.

Then Amy and I went out to Trotter's for steak and then we moseyed around downtown, in Ben Franklin where I bought a pair of bunny ears for $1.79. Never know when you're going to need a pair of bunny ears. And went into Grounds where I bought a half pound of coffee and then we played cribbage with Connie.

Saturday, I was on the phones for the radio station fund drive noon -2 and then did a show and then went to the Home Remodelers show in Toledo which was slightly amusing. Then we went to Herbie's Place, the restaurant that is now in Haskins which used to be the Mail Pouch, among other things. We waited over an hour to get a fairly good pizza. They said they had a big rush of diners they weren't expecting and their oven is not that big. Then we went to Amy's and played more cribbage.

Today, I watched Ratatouille which was pretty cute. Then I tried on some pants I bought last week at SteinMart which I thought would be too tight because I had bought them in a rush and convinced myself I would fit into. But they are good, brown silk and white summer dress slacks and a basic pair of black cotton/spandex which were only $6 so if I wear them twice they will have been a deal.

The weather is still pretty darn chilly but at least most of the snow is melted away. The back yard is littered with pine cones. It's only 1 p.m so maybe I can get some stuff picked up, all that crap on the patio put in the garage. I have NO ambition to do anything but suffer through until outdoor time comes. At least it is halfway through March.

We got a flyer at Grounds about an adult Easter egg hunt on March 28 at the Simpson park. It costs $8 and is limited to the first 350 participants and you hunt eggs that have candy or raffle tickets in them. This sounds like a plan. I doubt we'll look as crazy as this participant from last year.



Eddie Shaw Wednesday night. Cards at Kim and Jim's next Saturday. Rod's Collision at Howard's April 12.

Later Sunday-- Finally I got a grip, called Jenks for an hour and a half, went to Meijer, Home Depot where I got an under cabinet LED light (have not installed yet of course), library, Video Spectrum (rented True Romance), SS6 for hummous. Cooked that pork tenderloin, roasted asparagus, made this pasta casserole. Drinking just a little Reserve Perrin 2004. Lightly oaked.
Tasting Tags: cherry fruity oak spice tasty.

Compiled about 20 pages of work lists into one list that of course are very hard things to do. But at least it's just one list now.

No comments: