Tuesday, March 11, 2008

musically involved

Listening to the soundtrack from I'm Not There. Man, it's great. Also I have sampled some of the other CDs I got recently. That Eric Sardinas is real good but in small doses. Johnny Winter like blues with screaming vocals. The Bonedaddys. Now there's a great CD, Waterslide is the name. Worldbeat which gets you some funk, some reggae, plenty o horns. All those daddies. The Doghouse Daddies and the Beat Daddies and Will Kimbrough's band Daddy and me, Daddy's Girl.

OK, a giant week. Last night, Body Sculpt (killing me) and a radio meeting. At which I was chastised for playing the Rolling Stones on my show. Andrew, or DJ HazMat, said it was diametrically opposed to the philosophy of the radio station, playing major label bands. I pointed out that I played obscure tracks, one per show, and preface each with "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones." The programming director agreed that it fit into the context of my show and the music director kid stammered in the presence of my greatness. So I can still play the Stones.

Plus I got 5 CDs there, the Bonedaddys, as already noted. Patty Larkin, too wispy. Jim Lauderdale, some great pedal steel (and you know how I am about the pedal steel) but kinda weak singing, sorry Jim. Cheating Heart, a compilation of bad love songs by bands from Tampa Bay area, some good tunes on there.

Have yet to listen to that Groove Hogs and I know that Louvin Bros. cover CD already.

Putting some thought into the redo of my front steps. All advice welcome. Probably not seriously considered, but accepted.

Tomorrow night I have to go to the Jefferson Awards dinner at the SeaGate Centre. Thursday night I say Gorgonzola-stuffed chicken and salad and bread. And wine, of course.

Signed up to answer the phones for the fund drive on the two upcoming Saturdays at wbgufm. There's no classes this weekend at the gym (instructor training) so I'm left to my own devices for exercise.

So the usual busy-ness. Vacuumed a bunch of stuff tonight. Laundry. Dishes. I don't know how it gets so messy in here with just one person.

OMG, this I'm Not There CD is so good.

No comments: