Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sopranos

I finished watching The Sopranos last night, Season 6, Part 2, Disc 4. Earlier having read critiques focusing on the death of Tony and all the foreshadowing and analysis, I choose to take the hopeful road. It's just the mother of all cliffhangers but with (spoiler alert) Phil Leotardo dead and his henchmen not all that keen about offing all the Soprano crew anyway, I don't see why things just can't go on, la tee dah. Sure Sil's in a coma and Bobby's dead. But even Janice said, and I think only half-jokingly, that she had to watch her figure so she could snag another husband. Plus Uncle Junior is totally wacked out and he was one of the few people left that could put a wrench in Tony's works.

The whole nuclear family is together at the end and Tony, after looking toward the Last Supper scene at the back of the restaurant, chooses instead to just take a booth, play some tunes, order some onion rings. Onion rings, the circle of life. And that whole Meadow unable to parallel park thing, I think it showed how amidst all the angst and horribleness of the world, we are still caught up for too long with some minutiae like inability to park. To fit in. And the tune, Don't Stop Believing by Journey. Life's a journey. Yada yada. Well it was a swell ride while it lasted.

So leaving for New York tomorrow, back Wednesday night. Cold still lingers on so I'm less than enthusiastic about going. Now I'm stalling from painting the room beyond the kitchen. Just pour the paint in the roller pan and you'll have to do it. I even have my painting t-shirt on.

No comments: