Monday, February 25, 2008

one thing after another

Here's how things work with me: if I have a project, I find anything else to do before I'll do it. Like tonight, I got home from the gym at 7:42 after gassing up the car and buying smokes (good idea: go to the gym and then buy smokes) and decide I have all the time in the world to sort through my closet and possibly install that light fixture I bought and maybe even clean out my dresser drawers which are full of clothes I never wear. But alas, I have done dishes and laundry and diddled about on the internet so that now it's 10 p.m., time to hit the sack.

The problem with that closet, besides there being no light in there and more than half my clothes are black, is that, oh that there's no light in there and half my clothes are black. I wear the same three things to work every week and I'm just sure there are probably other outsuits in there but I'm not seeing them. I wish I could wear uniforms to work. So today I went to Macy's to return something and bought 2 more tops. Which will be lost in the closet.

Also, I discovered that I had signed up to pay my Columbia gas bill online and although I kept getting these email notices that I had a new gas bill, I find today that I have not paid for THREE MONTHS. It's a wonder the heat is still on. So I paid all of them today. Man, how long does it take before they send you the cut-off notice?? Plus I pay it at some website called e-bills or something and I of course forgot my login which turned out to be the regular old login luckily because I emailed them to ask for my password and haven't heard back.

Plus we are in another winter storm warning with possibly 7 inches of snow coming. Hmm, like last Tuesday, when it took me an hour and a half to get home because I thought driving down Reynolds and Conant would be faster. Ha. Oh wait, that was 2 weeks ago, not last week. Tempus fugit.

And now I look out and see the snow is falling. Hoo freaking ray.

I did cook Sunday: stuffed pork tenderloin in the crockpot with sweet potatoes and a roast chicken. Like I need any more cooked chicken in the fridge. Tonight I overcooked some broccoli. And I have salad stuff. So I'm good. Tomorrow night I'll make chicken soup.

And There Will Be Blood was like a miniseries you wouldn't watch the next installment of. It had this screeching soundtrack and that Daniel Day-Lewis was just a blustery asshole, the kind you know plenty of and why would you make a movie about them? At the end, he stove in some guy's head with a bowling pin and then there was blood. But the Daniel Day-Lewis guy won best actor in the Academy Awards so I guess I'm no judge of acting.

Nighty night.

No comments: