Saturday, February 09, 2008

February-itis

That kitchen is the never-ending project. Today I painted the trim Cornerstone, a very slightly green cream. Now the orange in the outer kitchen annex thingy needs a second coat and then the trim needs a second coat. But maybe then I'll be done. Maybe I'll work my ass off on it tomorrow. But tomorrow is cooking school so we'll see. On tap, salmon, pear cobbler, pasta sauce, quiche, broccoli.

Tonight Sherry and Amy and Connie and I are going out to eat and then over to Amy's for drinking and chat and possibly games. I went to Turbo Kick today and Pilates on Thursday night. Or what passed for Pilates, as the whole thing about it is the breathing and moving combo and this chick did the movements so fast you couldn't do the breathing.

I've been buying floral bouquets at Kroger to pretend it's spring. I had irises last week and some red somethings this week. I though they were freesia but when I googled a picture of them, they were not what I have. Also I bought ice cream at Meijer. Two kinds. It was on sale.

When I was in New York, we had 2 hours between our meetings and dinner on Tuesday, so I walked from 63rd and Broadway to 91st and Broadway, stopping in various stores along the way. Didn't buy anything. Saw some underwear that was $82. A pair. What's up with that? It wasn't even real fancy. Tried on some pants in Ann Taylor. Some shoes in another store. Stopped in at Filene's Basement but nothing caught my eye.

No comments: