Sunday, February 10, 2008

Major progress

So I got the second coat of orange on the kitchen annex and the second coat on the trim and I got the curtains up on the side windows but alas, I bought a cafe rod instead of a spring rod for the big window across the back so although I have the curtains for it, I don't have them up. Tomorrow night I will get the right rod. Had to scrape the windows where I overpainted.

Also I put the striped rug I used to have in the living room into the kitchen annex. It's very cozy. I looked at moving the table and chairs from the front room into the kitchen annex but it seemed crowded. This took the better part of 9 hours. Plus I cooked salmon and broccoli but didn't get to some of that other stuff. Cleaned out the fridge. Posted the school closings to 13abc.com as some districts were already canceling classes tonight for Monday.

Listened to Prairie Home Companion, This American Life, I Enjoy Being a Girl and the World Music Show. And I have a radio show this weekend. On a big day, which includes the GNO at Creative Elements. The night before is cards at Deb and Ron's and/or John Jorgenson at Grounds for Thought.

Monday night, Body Sculpt at 6:30. Haircut Tuesday. And no work on Monday, the 18th.

Watching the Grammys. Saw Tina do Proud Mary and now Aretha is on, belting out a big tune. Saw Brad Paisley sing I wanna check you for ticks. Lovely sentiment. And now they have Keely Smith out there. She won a Grammy in 1958 for That Ol' Black Magic. Crowd shot: Bonnie Raitt and John Hammond. Daughtry, John Fogerty, Foo Fighters, Bruce Springsteen, Wilco up for best rock album and the winner is Foo Fighters. Well, I won't be seeing the end of this show.

Ready for bed but alas I have all my jammies in the laundry.

OK, a 5-day week coming up. I hate those. I've only had to do 2 since the first of the year.

Also, the humane society took in 105 dogs and other animals from a home in Stony Ridge. They need help. Visit their website to see how you can help.

Great ad on the Grammys left over from the Super Bowl. Watch it here.

No comments: