Sunday, January 27, 2008

The common cold

So, what gives people colds? It is most certainly not from sitting on the ground or getting your feet wet, which is what my mom always said. (The woman who also cautioned me about raising my arms over my head while Tom was in utero because I would have a hairy baby. Sorry, Tommy. Shoulda listened to that one.)

The cold I have now is unattributable, having been impinged by too many factors:

--Airplane trip: commonly held to be vats of festering sickness spores

--Work: many are hacking

--Hard living: very smoky in that S. Carolina bar

--Lack of exercise: slacked off these last couple weeks

I feel this is the case with many illnesses, too many contributing factors to pinpoint any one as THE CAUSE.

Regardless, I have been battling this downward spiral with mouth spray zinc and Mucinex. Did I not get enough sprays in in a timely manner at the outset? Would it be any better or worse if I'd been more diligent??

Today, I am taking the bed rest and liquids approach. Some nice Sleepytime tea. Which I hope will put me into a nap. Not as if I've been out of bed since last night around 10.

Moving on, I know most of you did not even see the wine cabinet I bought in haste at Creative Elements in Grand Rabbits on Monday and returned on Saturday. They were very nice about it but it was just too much money for frankly a large dark stained box that matched nothing else I have and didn't afford me the extra serving area I had in mind. This one at Target.com might be just the ticket:


and it's half the price. User comments, however, vacillate between it being fairly easy to assemble vs. it being a "knuckle buster." It is about the perfect size: 40.38Hx26.5Wx15.75D". The other one was only 14 inches wide. Remain calm, the correct item will appear. Or some Zen-like saying.

Lots of music coming up. Although conflicting cards have been scheduled for the Feb. 15 GFT show.

Riverside blues fest in St. Mary's Labor Day weekend: one result on Google, Sonny Boy Terry.

No comments: