Thursday, January 03, 2008

What is the frequency, Kenneth?

Sherry has chastised me about frequency of blog posts so I'll make a better attempt this year. Oh yeah, kinda like a resolution.

Listening to T-Bone Burnett "Power of Love."

On New Year's Day I stayed in the house all day, waiting for the 3-5 inches of blowing snow. Which didn't come.

I love that Churchill's off Dussel Dr. I went there Wednesday after work and got a Greek salad, enough for 2 servings, and a container of sweet potato bisque, 2 servings and a hunk of salmon and a half a sliced loaf of rosemary olive oil bread. Mmm, mmm, mmm. Can't get that in BG.

Called Annie tonight for an hour. Just shot the breeze. She's still kinda freaked out that she's moved halfway across the country. But overall, sounds interesting.

Oh yeah, New Year's Eve at Amy's. At midnight, we all did jazz hands instead of kissing. Lots of card playing. Quite the spread of chow. Meatballs, cheesy potatoes, BBQ beef sandwiches, shrimp, cashew city. I get home and think I've left my phone at Amy's so I DRIVE OVER THERE like an idiot at 1 a.m., primetime to get picked up, but alas the phone was on the mantel at my house the whole time. Duh.

I gotta reprogram that thermostat. It goes down to 62 at 10 p.m. which is a little chilly plus it shoots up to 70 at 6 p.m. On my list.

Last night, I watched Bad Education, a Pedro Almodovar film which was about drag queens and tonight, I went to the gym for the last Thursday Turbo Kick class which has been replaced by Pilates starting next week. So I'll have to leave work early on Wednesdays to get to the 6 p.m. Turbo Kick. So I'll have that and Body Sculpt on Monday and Turbo Kick on Saturday at 10:30. It's good to have a plan.

No radio shows this month EXCEPT this Sunday I am doing the 2-4 p.m. slot for the India music show. But I will not be playing Indian music. I expect hardly any shows from now til May.

The St. Mary's Blues Fest has announced they will hold another one this year. No date posted but I assume it will be the Saturday of Labor Day weekend which is Aug. 30. So for August we have Wheeling, Ribberfest, my birthday weekend and the St. Mary's fest followed by the Swamp.

I am thinking about trying out for the Black Swamp Players "Witness for the Prosecution." Auditions are in March and the play is the first two weekends of May.

No comments: