Sunday, November 02, 2008

November

Can you believe it?

The Halloween party was a smashing success. Well, I thought so. Many people attended and there was massive card playing and hanging out by the fire and food and frivolity. So if you didn't come, you missed it. Thanks to everyone for everything they brought over and to Doug, I think, for tidying up at the end. While I was still sitting out by the fire in a prom dress drinking a beer.

Saturday I was rocky. The Corner Grill fed me and then I went to work for a couple hours to get a jump on the election web pages. When I came home, I continued on the tidy up stuff. Gus dropped by for the notebook Annette forgot. Amy came and took her stuff. I loaded all Connie's stuff, which thank heaven for all those chairs she brought for the outdoors, into my car and deposited that at her house today.

Last night I watched Juno which was really good. Tearing up at the end. The characters were great. People acted unexpectedly, so you changed your mind about their quality throughout the movie.

Then I stayed up and watched Saturday Night Live where John McCain made a last desperate plea to the youth audience. It was embarrassing. While Tina Fey stood right there beside him and mocked Caribou Barbie.

A guy from the Pew Institute on NPR tonight predicts Obama will win and pointed out that the predictions they've made in the last 5 or 6 elections were correct. So, fingers crossed. I still haven't voted although I am holding out for the last-minute experience as I will be at work for 17 hours Tuesday so if I'm not there at 8:30 a.m., oh well.

Plus there's a damn radio meeting tomorrow night and GNO Wednesday and Stacy Mitchhart Friday.

I notice Fat Fish Blues' music events calendar ends abruptly at Nov. 8. Wonder if they're gearing down?

We went there Wednesday night for Connie's birthday. It was a fun time. The band was supposed to start at 8 but didn't because there was a comedy show. Which I have two passes that each admit 2 for any non-national acts. So we'll have to check it out.

So it's 6:46 and it's been fully dark for half an hour. I'll have to start leaving lights on when I leave in the morning. Grrrr.

Miss Jenks called last night to see I wanted to go to San Antonio to see Todd on Dec. 20 and then Robert Earl Keen with Toni Price the next night at the same place. I'm checking airfare.

No comments: