Thursday, November 20, 2008

Midweek hoop de doo

I was thinking I hope I have blogged plenty about your birthdays so that in subsequent years, we can look back to see what we did for them. It seems like I can't remember year to year what happened.

Anyway, last night was a Connie DiPuccio 60th birthday GNO at Deb H's. Plenty of good eats out in her three-season room or whatever it is. Connie brought these scrapbooks she had assembled of (1) her life and (2) recent (last 30 years) pictures from parties, mostly. How do people have time to do this stuff? Probably if I had the inclination, I would find the time. But alas, my leisure pursuits tend elsewhere.

I know it's really boring (it is said) to tell someone your dreams but last night I apparently dreamed my knee hurt again REALLY A LOT because it didn't hurt when I went to bed OR when I got up but during the night I thought, but musta dreamed, that it was just killing me. Like a couple of weeks ago, I dreamed I rolled my car on purpose to avoid a traffic accident in the road ahead of me. I just somehow tipped my car on the side and rolled it on over to the top and then drove away in the other lanes. I always take big stock of cars in dreams because they are a symbol for your life in general so if you dream somebody else is driving, for example, it means that person is controlling your life. So I'm pondering what this daredevil move means. I remember telling someone later in the dream, matter of factly, "had to roll my car."

So feel free to tell me your dreams because I like to hear them and do some psychoanalysis on them. Although I think I dream more than a lot of people or just remember them better. When I was taking that Soma when my jaw was clamped shut, it kept me from dreaming. I would just drop off to sleep and then, wake up, with no amusing nighttime life in between. I missed that. I count on it.

Today, I agreed in email to have dinner with my ex-mother-in-law on Sunday Dec. 14. She was delighted to hear the grandkids are coming back for Christmas. Which I am starting to angst about. Food collection and preparation. Gifts that can be taken back on the plane. Sleeping on the mattresses. I am taking Dec. 22, 23, 24 off for my last 3 days of vacation this year so I will be off Dec. 19-25, almost a week, then work a day and have a weekend off. Then work 2.5 days, day off, work one day, weekend off. I'll have plenty of time to relax.

Amy is having cards, she announced at GNO last night, Dec. 13. Polka Floyd Dec. 6, remember. December GNO is at Beckett's Dec. 3, Tommy's birthday. He'll be 27.

No comments: