Sunday, November 23, 2008

Another action-packed weekend

Even the staying in town weekends are exhausting. But in a good way. Friday night, some wimmens were doing some drinking and smoking chez moi. It was a horrible week at work, the stress is never ending and everybody hates the website and has since last December's redesign and I can't do anything about it plus they gave us this new page-counting software, so after 7 years of increasing page views, our traffic seems to be half of what it was. Oh that old software was faulty, they tell me. Grrrr.

Saturday morning Amy calls at 9 and we agree to go to the holiday parade. It's 18 degrees. I get dressed and start walking and she picks me up in front of the carryout and we circumvent the entire downtown to park at the courthouse and walk to the Grill for breakfast but alas it's packed and many tables don't have their food yet. So we walk down to Kermit's whose breakfasts aren't as good. Their potatoes are weird. Canned, I think. But fully fed, we hit the street and see the parade which is almost 2 hours long. I called Miss Annie while the BGHS band was passing by so she could feel some of the festivities. Sorry the pictures above of the parade are from my phone as I cannot remember to take my camera with me.

Then we meet up with Connie at Grounds and walk to the Cla-Zel for a non-alcoholic beverage as I am very thirsty. We don't mean to, but we end up staying for the whole Ohio State Michigan game and have a couple of beers. The staff orders pizza and passes it around gratis. There were maybe 35 or 40 people in there. The game was on the big movie screen and on the flat screens at the bar. One of Anne's friends from high school was in there and when she introduced me to her boyfriend, he says What's up with playing that Katy Perry song on your radio show? I had to admit that I had just pulled this CD out of the free box and since I am so unhip to current popular music, I just thought the song I Kissed a Girl would be cool to play, so I did. I'm always glad to hear people are listening to my show. Speaking of which, I'm on this week 10-2:30 doing the Blues Breakfast. Listen online at wbgufm.com.

Then Amy takes me home but I see Martha's party is still on so I go and have two beers with them drunks. About 6 we go to Beckett's to eat as we had had such a good experience there last week. This week, however, the barmaid is of the non-service mode so although the food was pretty good, we waited so long for it and got no drink refills and no dishes bussed after and Amy had to stand at the bar to get our bills. I came home and hit the couch with a book and that's all she wrote. At least I was well rested today. When I had to go work since now I cannot work from home as I have not figured out the remote access of the new video software. More grrrrr. But there's no news! Just crap I coulda got off some AP stories elsewhere on the web. But I did it. I am a good employee. I will not be laid off in these tough economic times.

When I got home, I took my 8-foot step ladder over to Amy's and we cleaned her eaves and then we came here and did mine. She very nicely took my 100 pounds of leaf offal to the yard waste. Then I went to Meijer because I have not bought food in 2 or 3 weeks and got a cooked chicken and disassembled it and made chicken enchiladas. And have the breast meat leftover for salads or whatever. Also have salad stuff as last week I ate lunch out most days which I do not like to do because of salt overload, mostly. Although eating at Organic Bliss makes me feel fine. I love that place. I think I say that every post. I had a piece of pizza and some spinach salad there the other day for $4 and it was delicious.

Just took those enchiladas out. MMM, they look fab.

Have Swimming Pool from Netflix. Have had since Wednesday but have had no time to watch it. I'd do it now, but I'd miss The Simpsons.

Went to the library today and got a book of short stories by T.C. Boyle and one by Sam Shepard which I may have read before but I can't remember. Also I bought 2 tickets for their basket raffle. They have about 10 baskets with themes, full of goodies. I of course put my tickets in for the coffee basket and the chocolate basket.

Yow, SO looking forward to the 2 and half day week this week with 4 days off although I have to go in Thursday morning briefly. Hope the weather is not bad. Looks like it will be nice enough to rake. Highs in the 30s lows in the 20s no snow. Could be worse.

I called my mom Friday and discussed Thanksgiving so I am leaving them to their own dewices. They are going out to eat. My mom says they had the kitchen carpet replaced with wood-like substance after their used washer overflowed. And they had somebody paint. So I guess they have enough money. But not enough to ever pay me back for that car of Karen's.

__________________________________________

No comments: