Thursday, July 03, 2008

Long weekend ahead

Today I worked til 3 and then I returned those wineglasses to Pier 1 with the too-long stems and too-giant bowls. Then I returned that AC to Loew's who took it back, no questions asked. Then I lounged around reading out of the New Yorker book of articles on eating and drinking.

Last night was GNO at Sherry's where it was very nice if cloudy til about 9 p.m. when it started to lightning and I had no sooner gotten home then it started to rain like crazy which continued all night. We had just been saying it was getting a little dry. Many pictures were taken but none by me.

I offered to have GNO in August although if it's too hot, we'll go to a bar at the last minute like we did last August.

Here are some Joe Bob Duda dates. The Acoustic Stage is the Huntington Bank courtyard.

Sat. 7/26- Welders at Howards (Tunafest)
Sat. 8/2- JoeBobDuda 4:00-6:00 at Wood County Fair
Fri. 8/8- JoeBobDuda at Grumpy Dave's
Thurs. 8/21- Welders in Defiance, Ohio
Fri. & Sat. 9/5, 9/6- JoeBobDuda at Cucina di Bettos (Swamp)
Sun. 9/7- JoeBobDuda-Accoustic Stage, CD release

Next week is Mississippi Heat at GFT on Thursday and then Nick Moss and the Unknown Hinson on Saturday. Have not bought the Hinson tickets yet. Let me know if you want one.

Tonight Amy and I and Connie are going to see the fireworks in Perrysburg. Chris at work told me to pay $5 and park at Master Chemical and walk to the graveyard to watch them so that's the plan right now. Got some little to-go bottles of wine.

Here is a funny picture I got off the internet. I like how Big is playing the guitar.



Last night my daughter texts me to say she is getting evicted, she might need some money, she thinks she's having a stroke. I call her, she doesn't answer. She texts again that she is at work and will call later. I text her at 11:45 and say I'm going to bed. Today she calls around noon and says everything is fine now, never mind. Cripe. Kids.

No comments: