Sunday, July 27, 2008

russell cont. and a crazy weekend

Today I am sitting on the big chair in the green room and I see a dark spot which upon closer examination is chocolate. Then I see several chocolate spots. As we will recall, Russell was sitting there eating my chocolate last week during his unexpected visit. So I clean up the spots and then I phone Russell and get his voicemail and say I need you to let me know when you will be coming to get your stuff out of my basement and give me back my house key.

He calls back in one minute and says Oh there is a misunderstanding. He thought he could continue to crash here as long as he made himself scarce while I was home (which he had not even this last time). I told him to remember I said that I was not good with houseguests and he needed to figure out where he was going to establish his new base. Oh if it's the chocolate, I can pay to have that cleaned, he says. I say the chocolate was just the last straw and tell him about the leaving the water in the tub and eating my chocolate and using my detergent. He says he was going to bring me a bag of chocolates the next time he came here. I said No you just need to put this at the top of your list, finding someplace else to stay. He counters with how he is going from Marquette, where he is now, to Indianapolis and then he'd be stopping in on his way to two weekends on the east coast. And I reiterated that he needs to make it his first priority to find a new place. That I don't like the liability of possibly his stuff being stolen or my cats damaging it. And he says that he was working on that but it would take some time to get some answers from people and I say Thanks for returning my call, keep on that search, bye bye.

I did NOT point out that if I wanted to clean up after someone and have somebody annoying hanging around off and on, I would get married again. I kept my composure and was firm. My next step will be to move his stuff into the garage and change the lock on my back door (so I won't see you anymore, as Tom Petty says).

So on to the weekend recap. Friday night, Amy and I ate appetizers and drank wine on the patio of Quarters at the mall and then saw The Dark Knight, which is the actual title of the Batman movie. It was pretty good, Heath Ledger was scary but the last 20 minutes were so confusing with people swapping sides from good to evil and vice versa and at the end Commissioner Gordon gives some speech that we could not hear for the SWELLING MUSIC. Then we went to Cucina de Betta to see Nate Baker play briefly and then to Nate and Wally's to hear the Student Loan. We saw Chuck and Sasha Instone on the smoking patio.

Saturday, I was at the Dragon Boat Race from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. It was big fun and we almost won one race. Lost by .3 seconds. Two races though, we veered to the left wildly and had a bad time getting the boat to the dock. Our team mostly hung out under the tent top we had put up Friday where it was hot and breezeless, so I spent a lot of time hanging around over by the restaurants at the Docks where it was very breezy and you could see a lot more of the races. Also Groovemaster played under the gazebo where it was also shady and breezy. These people have no concept of "outdoor festival."

So I come home and post this slideshow of the day on 13abc.com and some other news. And then I actually get in a nap before Amy picked me up to go to Howard's for Tunafest. We got there at 9 and Nate Baker was just coming on and the music was too loud, as always. Maurice the sound man said How was he supposed to stalk me if I didn't come to the bar anymore. Rod's Collision was on fire and the Welders were Fiely-oriented. Buford was up from SC. It was heavily attended. I didn't take any pictures. Steve Miller the insurance guy bought me 2 beers after I had bought my first one and then Barker bought me one and his sister's husband bought me one and then Barker and I had shots of Grey Goose and then another shot and another beer and about 1:45 I walked home. Or teetered home.

So I always disremember how I cannot drink beer. The next day, my innards are disturbed and I immediately gain 10 pounds. So today, no bevs of the alkyhal type. I went to Connie's to do pet duty and did a bunch of laundry and dishes but have done no work lunch prep. I am declining to go to the pre-Rod's Collision picnic but I'll go over on my bike around 7.

I am happy to report today that I feel absolutely no pain from the boat race exercise. I dug out these giant plants in my raised bed that had very nice leaves but were apparently giant weeds and were crowding the actual plants. There are tons of tomatoes out there and one big one had fallen off from my jostling so I brought it up to see if it will ripen. Some grape tomatoes are very nearly red. I need to water.

Nothing big this last week of July which is good as the first week of August is something every night and then we go to Wheeling at the end of it.

Also, the radio station is shutting down for renovations for the next couple of weeks so no Blues Breakfast, no Saturday Shuffle, which is good as I will be in Wheeling Aug. 9 anyway.

No comments: