Sunday, July 20, 2008

laid back weekend

Friday, I lounged around at home. Saturday, I went to the Farmers Market at the small mall and bought some bacon and 2 pork steaks. Then I went to the Clothes Mentor in Pburg but couldn't find any used clothes I needed. At Tuesday Morning, I bought some wine glasses. 6 for $12. Man, that's a weird store. It looks like it's going out of business, with all these half-empty metal shelving units with just a huge variety of stuff like sheet sets and cooking utensils and holiday decorations and knickknacks galore. We asked the clerk about the name of the store and she had no clue that new shipments come in on Tuesday Mornings. Duh.

Saturday night, we went out to Kim and Jim's and played 5-handed euchre. Which always engenders a lot of heated discussion about the rules. Coma G won once and I won once and then we came home.

Today, I drove to Delaware to take my mom to her sister Midge's 80th birthday luncheon. Midge's 2 daughters were there as was Todd, my cousin Janet's kid and Mike, my cousin Steve's kid. And some cousins of my mom. My mom complained the whole time (the card she got for Aunt Midge wasn't what she wanted, her spaghetti was cold and not as good as my sister's) and then we went to my Aunt Midge's where, after we have all had substantial lunches and birthday cake, they whip out this giant box of Russell Stover seconds chocolates and pass that around a couple times. Consequently, I have had no dinner. Several people had the salad bar which, although several of them are fighting various artery clogging diseases, consisted largely of mayonnaised salads. Some even ate large globs of apple butter as if it were a side dish.

My cousin Linda, Midge's kid, lives in Sacramento where she works in emergency preparedness for the state of Kaleeforneeah. Janet, her sister, and her husband Dick are retired in Florida, the first key south of Tampa. They said I should visit.

My sister should have attended but, for all her woe over the family not being close, she says she can't take THOSE PEOPLE. Her hair is in some kd lang brush cut. Oh plus her fibromyalgia was acting up.

Tonight I watered after liberally dosing myself with Off so I have had to take a shower before bed as my sheets are clean. Then I made chicken salad and cut up some watermelon and threw out old food and took out the trash and did some laundry and lifted some weights while watching the Simpsons.

Also I went to Connie's on my bike to get the scoop on feeding her animals next Sunday.

Monday night I have Dragon Boat practice til 7:30. I hope I get the hang of it so I don't have to attend Wednesday night as well.

No comments: