Monday, June 30, 2008

more detail

So while we are at Chip's Friday night, Tamra and Mark stop by and Tamra starts telling me about this story she heard on Story Corps on NPR. It's a story about some woman with an inflatable bra back in the 30s or 40s whose bra blew up on an airplane, which I didn't even realize people FLEW back then. After she was done, I asked Tamra what was it about this story that reminded her of me but I guess it was just that at some point, we had discussed what Story Corps aficiandos we both were. Mostly Story Corps has these stories that are so sad like this one about some guy who got adopted in the 50s. They are on at 8:28 on Fridays so I only hear them if I am late to work. Which usually I am.

The rest of the weekend was very relaxing. Although Sunday I did have to go to work about noon and straighten out that video recording problem. Which actually didn't get solved until Bill the IT guy restarted the cable modem Monday morning.

I cleaned out the weeds between the garages again because that damn grapevine started to grow wildly again. Dammit. Then I made some food to eat off and on this week. Finally washed my kitchen floor. With all this rain and sun, the new garden bed is absolutely VERDANT. Photo coming soon.

Plus I am hot to re-landscape the front of my house now. EVERYTHING MUST GO. Let me know if you have some good idea about pulling those stumps out of the hideous green bushes although I may just cut them to the stumps and plant around them. I have a lot of plants in the back that are too crowded that I can start with out front.

Wednesday is GNO at Sherry's. I thought she had it last July but I see that it was the swap which would have been at Martha's. And I had July in 2006 so when was it we were at Sherry's?? Sherry had it in June 2006. When I believe it was cool and damp.

Saturday is the pond party. It starts at 1 for grazing and swimming and the dinner is at 6:45.

July 10 is Mississippi Heat at GFT. July 12 is Nick Moss at the Blue Devil and Unknown Hinson at Frankie's, which I think I might try to make both of, by leaving the Blue Devil around 11:30 and getting to Frankie's in time to see the Hinson as there are 3 acts before him. Plus we're seeing Nick Moss in Wheeling anyway. Which will be here before you know it.

My project this weekend is to sort and tidy my CDs. OMG they are a mess. I know I have some that I can't even find. Plus a bunch that have no track listings so are useless for the radio show. And Connie, I have your blues calendar.

Talked to Miss Jenks for an hour last night who is just delighted with her new house. Maybe I'll go out there the end of September and view it. I know, I said I didn't want to get on an airplane again this year but I might. She still has not committed to when she might come here. Like maybe the week during which she could see Todd at the Ark and then go to Wheeling OR the week that ends in the Swamp. Jim Kiernan is going out to see her starting this Thursday for a week and Paul and Ann are showing up there on July 8 to relieve her of some her excess furniture, including my double bed which will now live at Paul's new hunting "cabin" in Montana.

There are many fireworks displays available so don't limit yourself to the local ones.

All my aching body parts have finally seem to be repaired so I'll try and get to the gym tomorrow night. And maybe Thursday.

No comments: