Saturday, June 28, 2008

the little sweeper that could and stuff

This is LaRoe's patio in Grand Rapids where Connie and Amy and I had dinner a couple weeks ago. It overlooks the brown and churning Maumee.

So here are the New Orleans pictures. This is the grandpa figure I told Wendell Albrecht I'd take on my many travels and take pictures of and so far, this is the only one I have. He's in the lobby of the Maison St. Charles.


Here's Tom on stage.

More band photos in my usual can't take a good picture in the bar kind of way.



Bourbon St.

The garden at Bacchnal Wine and Spirits.

Anne and Tom there.


Tom and Jessica there. They are both much better looking than this but of course refuse to act sensible when I'm trying to take their picture.

A cool bike.


Lil Bryan and the Travelers at the Zydeco Fest. Funky zydeco!


Some other band on another stage at the fest.


The crowd at Lil Bryan.

Anne.

Blueberry shortcake at Commander's Palace.


Creme brulee with powdered sugar fleur de lis.


The giant pork chop, sausage, egg, potato brunch thing I had. My pictures of food always make them look like bad leftovers, or worse.


The garden at Commander's Palace.



I have this ancient Electrolux vacuum cleaner that is even older than this one. Today I tried to vacuum that carpet in the living room with that damn Shark one I bought and it won't pick up anything. So I drag this sucker out of the basement and although the plug looks as if it's been chewed by a dog and I think it was, and it hasn't been used in about 10 years, it performed like a champ.


Last night, Mr. Hutchings was nice enough to invite us all out for poker. It was me and Stubbs and Amy and Chip and Kim (Coma G) and Jim. Coma G cleaned us out.

Today, I went to Frank's Sales and bought an air conditioner for my bedroom that is the same size and brand as that piece of shit I bought at Loew's and cost $20 more and it is whisper quiet and works great. I'm taking that other one back. Dammit.

It is steaming hot summer here although no thunderstorms look to be on the way. I have been cleaning my house in an industrial way since I got home from the radio show at 2. There is still much to do and I will be keeping on it until my home returns to its former cleanliness.

Around noon I notice there are no recordings of the news since that software update WorldNow did earlier this morning. So I call up there just now and alas, something's amiss so I had my part-timer Jennifer call World Now to see what's up. I'm sure it will not be their fault. Never is. Christ, I'll probably have to go up there in the morning.

I had the talk with Russell Thursday night and he was of course dismayed and when he left for Crosby Gardens Friday before I got home from work, he still left a ton of his stuff in the basement. I told him he could come back ONLY the Wednesday and Thursday of the week before the Swamp but he has to leave in the evenings before I get home from work. So today, I find a bunch of plastic grocery store bags under the sink and when I pull them out, they are all crusty and stained with coffee. Plus he was using over half my fridge and on and on and on. He told me about some people he had stayed with for five months for several years and I thought to myself, these people must have no spine. He used my laundry detergent up. All right, I'll stop now.

No comments: