Sunday, June 01, 2008

stay-cation

It's all rage this year: gas prices too high? Fix up your backyard and enjoy it! Remember, click on the pictures for a larger view. Here's the view from the table.


Starry Night. Which will be finished this year.


Siberian Iris just coming on.


The raised beds.


The petunia hanging basket. When I was out there today, deadheading this, I see that the chain link fence top rail has somehow come out of the end bracket, causing the fence to teeter and consequently, the reed fence to wobble. I couldn't get it back in the bracket by myself.


View from the patio toward the back. I dug that hosta out of the round bed.


From the far back, looking toward the patio.


The back planter, with various pernnials, most of which I don't know the name of.


The hostas at the north end of the yard up by the front.


Basil and sage.


I dug all these hostas out of the round bed in the yard that has snow on the mountain in it. There are still 3 or 4 in there.


The back bed.


Dutch iris.


Coreopsis. I could never grow these because of the walnut tree but this is in the new raised bed so I hope it takes.


Columbine.


Bleeding heart.

No comments: