Monday, July 16, 2007

racing through summer

Last Thursday, we saw Bob Dylan at the Toledo Zoo. It was great. Lou Ann Barton and Jimmie Vaughan were just going through the motions, I thought. Dylan did some old favorites, like Like a Rolling Stone and Lay Lady Lay with new tempos. The band was tight. Took a couple of blurry pictures with my cell phone, which I will not post. Too blurry.

Wednesday was GNO where we swapped stuff and I brought home a straw hat and bottle of Murphy's oil soap and a Cleopatra necklace.

Friday, I was a good girl until about 10 p.m. when I went over to Annie's and drank beer and played the guitar and sang.

Saturday, Amy and I went to the car show downtown and ate at Call of the Canyon. Bought an Italian hand-painted pitcher at the trunk show where Mrs. Barker tried to sell me Mr. Wonderful, a doll that when you squeezed his hand, he said things like "Going shopping by yourself? Why don't you let me come and carry your bags?" and "Heavens, no those pants don't make you look fat." Then I did a radio show and then made some pasta with asparagus and onion and Portabellas and good cheese and cream and wine sauce. Losing some weight.

Sunday, I cleared out the rest of the back "garden" to be ready to plant something if we ever get any rain.

Jim and Kim's pond party this Saturday. Hope you can make it. Listening to Chet Atkins and Doc Watson's "Reflections." Got a couple of movies from the library, which I will watch one of now.

No comments: