Monday, May 04, 2009

Piling up

When people ask me what I've been up to, I always tell them I'm waiting for gardening weather. Oh yeah, I've already mowed. Twice in the back. And I take stuff to the yard waste every weekend. And I cut down that tree back by the east kitchen window. Need to cut it up and take it to the landfill.

Since I last posted, I saw Lil Ed at FFB. Then I bagged on Polka Floyd at Grumpy Dave's on the 25th. And I had a hideous radio meeting and didn't go see John Nemeth at FFB because he's coming to Grounds Aug. 20.

This past weekend, Rod's Collision played at the ClaZel and then Chip and I went to see Unknown Hinson at Frankie's after everybody else bagged on us. We park on some side street and some black guy in the traditional black hoodie comes up and I roll down my window LIKE AN IDIOT and he asks if I have any change because he needs some gas. I say no and he says Have a nice evening. Hmmmmmm. Then some tattooed pierced girl tried to get Chip to buy her shots, let's have shots, she says. I told him to check for his wallet.

Yesterday, I labored outside for 6 hours. Continuously. I had called Donna to give her some of my ferns and she calls back about 5 and we decide I'll dig up a bucket of ferns for her to take off my porch today at 5:30 a.m. when she got off work and indeed they were gone when I left this morning.

I started to plant my new window boxes then realized I had to paint those windows I had reglazed last weekend. So I did that then later scraped the paint off the glass and planted the window boxes. And pulled up oh about 800 little maple trees.

Some guys were at my front curb last week on Thursday when I was leaving for work but all they did was dig out the gas or water line head and spray paint it blue and made a blue mark on the curb.

Heavy trash pickup is next week. Get yer crap out to the curb.

I have had these two movies from Netflix-- Thieves Highway and Cars-- for more than a week. Maybe 2. I just can't seem to fit anything in.

I got this new dental appliance to wear when sleeping that I thought I would hate but man, it's great. My neck doesn't hurt when I get up in the AM, which is one of the things the dental assistant (who turned me on to Lancome mascara) told me would be a benefit and I scoffed.

Tonight, my boss's son was playing jazz guitar at FFB at some benefit dinner. He told me I could just tell them I was at Larry Dillin's table. OMG, I couldn't go. I had been dressed up all day WITH HEELS. I had to go to Meijer and do laundry and Big had no kitty din and so I came home. Entered the WGTE raffle to win $40,000 or may other cash prizes. Paid some bills.

Thursday is Frank Vignola gypsy guitar jazz at Grounds. We'll see how that goes at Weds. is GNO for which thunderstorms are predicted and Saturday Chris Shutters is at the ClaZel and there's the Harmonica Summit at Hines Farm.

Three weeks from today is the Memorial Day cookout.

I have to go to Delaware the next TWO Sundays for Mother's Day and then the next week for my Aunt Midge and Uncle Jim's 65th wedding anniversary. Yes, 65th. And yes, two of the best gardening weekends of the year. I just need to jam in a bunch of seeds this Saturday.

But I am off the whole week of Memorial Day.

And my bamboo fence is still down. I will you give you $5 a section to help me put it up. Do one or all! Offer is open.

Fortunately Wayne stopped by Sunday afternoon and took a quick look at my steps to fix. He suggests the pavers on top of the existing concrete. I told him to come measure them, tell me a price and get on with it. I'll have to temporarily displace some plants. Eeep.

Look, it's after 9 p.m. Too late to start a movie. I'm reading Christoper Moore's Fool which is highly amusing although I am not down with the plot which is apparently Shakespeare's King Lear play. But it's still good.

As soon as those sheets are out of the dryer, I'm in bed. Carry on.
_____________________

No comments: