Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer officially begins

I can see I have left some plot lines hanging. Like, they didn't fix my tree when the city had the street blocked off; they cut down a tree at a house across the street.

My office was moved at work to a big room with windows. Bonus. Some stuff wasn't done when I left Friday but hey, I'll just be out of their way so they can assemble the rest of my desk and install another computer. So we have 5 computers in there and a bunch of routers and beta decks and monitors and a giant TV and a small TV. And three phones.

The bamboo fence is reattached and looks like it will hold up another summer. Many things have been planted and survived the cold and still no seeds in the ground. Today it is raining. Lightly.

The Memorial Day party was a big success (I feel). With 21 in attendance. Great food: beans and slaw and fruit and cut-up veggies and olives/grape tomatoes/fresh mozzarella and brownies and mini eclairs and cucumber salad and zucchini bread and wienies in crescent rolls and strawberry frozen delight and appetizers galore. It was very windy at the start and pretty chilly but around eating time the wind wasn't so fierce anymore. Thanks to Chip for bringing the food table and another yard table and chairs.

I thought I had a massage today but it's tomorrow. And the next day (in the middle of the night), Amy takes me to the airport for New Orleans.

I got a new phone, a Samsung Alias 2 which works fine but seems a little heavier than my last phone but whatever. It flips open horizontally and vertically and has a qwerty keyboard and that fun ring that sounds like the phone on I Love Lucy.

Also, note to Fred: that IS a ligularia outside my front door. Although Joe Baker thought it was Rodgersia.

No comments: