Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Gossip

I went to Jenks's tonight and we were sitting on the porch and Heidi and Lane walked by with their kids and I called out and she asked how Amy was, from having read the blog about the bonk on the head. I was sorry that I only could report that LAST night she was mobile.

Jenks had been at the bar where she discovered that Beckford has been tossed indefinitely for pool table abuse and that C. Tuna is in hospital for undetermined difficulty. Something about dehydratiom. Well, it HAS been hot. There was a third piece of gossip, but I disremember it.

I missed Bill Kirchen tonight at Grounds after exhorting you all to action about it. And no Southern Culture last night either. That first day back to work was strenuous enought without having stayed up til all hours before it.

This weekend there is the Taste of the Town, where plainly I am not that excited about 4 different pierogi places and 3 ice cream shops. And the bands are not like last year.

Fred and Sherry have gone to Wisconsin yesterday and will be back on the weekend. Please don't break into their house now that I have said this.

Also there is the Old West End Festival which I have always meant to go to and the weather will be beautiful. We'll see.

My daughter comments to say that she will be in the Small Town July 6 to 16. But she's having her wisdom teeth pulled the 12th, so there will be some recovery time. PLUS, my boss told me today that the web managers get to go to the hoity-toity September meeting in NYC so I will get a free trip to see the girl. Maybe we can trash a great hotel room together.

And the Good Guys are doing a summer tour of the U.S. so who knows what this means. Guess I better schedule a trip to see Tommy.

No comments: