Saturday, May 20, 2006

Whine n cheez

We went to the Humane Society benefit, me and Sal and Carrie and Judy.
I bought $75 worth of chocolate and split it with Jacqui Nathan. This might sound like a lot, but it was 28 bars of organic dark chocolate plus some choco bites things and some mints and some cocoa bits in chocolate. So now I have 17 chocolate bars. Do the math: I spend $3 on a chocolate bar at Stimmel's about twice a week.

I also bought a carved wood African mask for $20. And we had wine and snackage. So all in all, the animals got about $105 of my hard earned cash.

This guy looked like Sal's spouse from the back except he didn't have as nice a butt.


This leopard microfiber chair went for like $380 in the live auction. Esther was bidding on it but ended up buying some vacation in Florida for $850.


Then we went to Beckett's. For one drink. Shuh, right. About two hours later, I am home.


Thursday, Annie and I had gone to Ann Arbor to see Fred Eaglesmith. Terri Hendrix and Lloyd Maines opened for him. It was a swell time.

No comments: