Monday, May 22, 2006

Let the summer begin!


Here is that mask I got at the humane society auction. It fits perfectly on that window on my front door.

First off, here's the scoop on the Southern Culture on the Skids show. It's May 30, a school night. The doors open at Vamp's in Toledo at 9, there's an opening act so who knows when SCOTS will go on. I went to Madhatter tonight but they close at 7 so I don't know how much tickets are and even though I am off that day, I don't know if I can make it. What about you? You know, this is NOT at that place that used to be Headliners where you saw Johnny Winter and/or Leon Russell. It is at some old Masonic Temple on Phillips Ave.

Bill Kirchen is doing a free concert at Grounds for Thought on May 31 at 8 p.m. This sounds doable.

So after Friday's fun-o-rama with Miss Oates et al, Saturday brought the mowing of the 9-inch grass, followed by a radio show I'm sure hardly any of you heard since we were locked out of the station for the Blues Breakfast and I got on at 2:20 when some yahoo showed up with the keys. This weekend, we ought to be able to hear all of us at our regularly scheduled times.

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND: Party, party, party. The weather is looking muy excelente. I say we grill on the giant Weiser Char-Broil on Monday. I plan on laying in every kind of alcohol known to man (or woman), some burgers, brats or something and we'll start about 2 and go until falling down occurs. LET'S DO IT!!! I'm off Friday through Tuesday.

Saturday night, one incarnation of Blues Posse was at Nate and Wally's with Rod sitting in for the now-absent Terry Z. It was fabuloso. I got there late due to magazine reading --> nap. So I lied to Sal when I told her I was good Saturday. Forgot about that late night at the bar. Connie was amusing. I'm thinking she had a couple of drinks -- or ten.

Sunday, I was a ball of fire from about 8:15 a.m. til 2 and then I hit the wall. Went to see the house Jacqui and Kay remodeled and want to sell for $239,000. It's nice but..... It's out there on the bend by that cemetery on Union Hill. It's on a half acre, got 2, maybe 3 bedrooms (2 up, 1 down), all new floors and drywall, some new windows, some arty touches, very airy. Tell your friends.

Then we went to the Holloway benefit at the Heinous. It was well attended. In auction fun, I got a Spot's coupon and one for GFT. The Posse played with their new guy who plays a mean pedal steel guitar. Gotta love that. And the Rod's Collision tore it up in an unequaled performance. Dancing took place.

So I have just come home from the Monday night at Beckett's with Gus (whom we love). Donna moseyed in. Still having problems finding someone to put up her fence. Wynn and Steve were there.

I heard somebody bought 2 tickets to see Paul Simon at the Zoo and it cost $180!! Yikes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is nothing like that one can take more time or days to decide on an auction. He could reject or approve that particular auction. What makes auction weiser to make a decision.