Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Musical notes

Ha, ha, get it? Musical NOTES????? Man, am I clever or what?

Friday night Steven Yerkey is at Grounds for Thought. Bills himself as a new kind of hillbilly cat.

Saturday night of course is the now semi-annual performance of the Welders, preceded at 7 p.m. (if my sources are correct) by Letter to the Editor, who I will no longer refer to as Nate Baker's band. No website is coming up in a Google search for them. There is no Welders practice.

Still trying to determine if the Rockwells are playing in town on Friday. Ha, ha, on pollstar, Howard's is referred to as Howards Club House.

Weds., March 15, the Heartless Bastards are at Mickey Finn's with the Soledad Bros. I may have to stay up late (starts at 9 but I think the HBs are first) and go there. But maybe Boogaloosa Prayer is first.

The Student Loan (local bluegrass) are at Grumpy Dave's (where I left my camera last week) on March 17, but I will probably be on my way to Kent to visit my friend Tim.

As of now, the Falcon women's basketball team will be playing Sat. at 12:30 so the Blues Breakfast will go off early and I MIGHT have a show after it's over, around 3:15 or so. I'll update this as games are won and lost.

No comments: