Saturday, February 06, 2010

Washer: The Finale

I call my mom to finalize the washer pickup for 11 a.m. Saturday. This was before the winter storm warning was issued for Delaware. When I call back Friday to say we will come Sunday instead, NOW the story is that somehow these evil-doers who have the lease on the storage unit have removed the padlock which Karen had apparently the only key to and put on their own padlock which has 2 keys, neither one of which Karen has, although purportedly she could get one from the guy's dad so she calls him and he says he has not been given said key. My mom asked Karen how they got her padlock off if Karen had the only key but she ignored this question.

So Friday night I decide I am done with this washer. I personally believe there is no washer, or at least not the one I bought my mom, in the storage unit. I tell my mom yesterday that I'm not coming ever for the washer so if they want to sell it or whatever, have at it. I tell her my feeling that the washer is MIA, possibly traded away to the evil-doers (who used to be their neighbors at the trailer park)for some debt. Of some kind. My mom of course is incredibly sorry and says so over and over although I keep repeating that it's not her fault.

After I hang up with my mom, my sister calls and tells me the whole story about the key etc. I tell her mom just told me and she said she didn't know I had talked to mom. What a coincidence then! LOL. (she types sarcastically). Also, she adds that some problem with the signing of the papers for the storage unit has cropped up and the storage place owners have changed the secret keypad number so actually nobody can get in there anyway. Then she tells me she fears also that the washer is gone since these people have done her so dirty (her phrase). Although I cannot for the life of me figure out why these evil-doers ever moved that washer out of Karen's trailer in the first place. Or why now they're pissed that for some reason they believe Karen will get some kind of refund on that trailer deal which I just fear is actually going to result in some further indebtedness, no doubt on my mom's part, about the end of the trailer contract, whatever that was.

My mom, bless her heart, stands by Karen's story, fully believing that these bad people took advantage of Karen's generosity to store their stuff at Karen's until they had moved and now continue to screw her over with this storage deal. It makes me wonder how long I would go on believing one of my own children, had they grown up to become lying sociopaths.

Anyway, this has been about the laziest weekend ever. Yesterday I shoveled some snow and went to Meijer and read half a book, the other half of which I read today. Called Miss Annie last night for a couple hours.

Today I am cooking, having already made a quiche, and now have a pot of squash soup simmering and a roast in a pan on the stove, trying to braise it which I feel may turn out to be a giant waste of $8 worth of meat. It's still got almost 2 hours to go (been in about 1.5 hours already) so I'm holding out hope. Why didn't I put this in the crockpot this morning?? Perhaps I will be only having vegetables for dinner.

__________________________

No comments: