Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stop me before I shop again

Tonight I stopped in at Churchill's for some wine. By the front door, they have these cute new little wheelie baskets! Bigger than a basket, but smaller than a cart. Walt himself came over, looking jovial as usual. He said his only concern was that someone might trip over them in the aisles. I told him I would keep it by my side.



So I bought 2 bottles of wine and some clementines (make sure you don't buy the USA ones, they're small and have seeds) and some Italian sausage links and 3 big cans of Dei Fratelli tomato products for $1 a can and a bag of bird seed. Now I have so much food, I won't need to shop for 2 weeks. Just an occasional stop at Monette's for veg etc.

My daughter called last night, slightly upset because some company VP had come for a walk-through and she did it with them as she was the only manager on duty. They were dumbfounded at the perfectness of her operations reports and sent an email to the entire company about THIS is the way to do it, people. The upsetting part was that when she told the head store manager, that woman wanted to make sure Anne had told them that she got input from the rest of the team, which Anne had not as she did it all herself just like the little red hen. I told her that woman was just jealous. Anne felt she was stealing her glory. F U bitches, I said.

She is still intent on the move to CA in August and that I come visit in NYC one more time before she leaves. So I'll line that up for April. She's going to South By as she calls it, in Austin next month. She still plans to stay here for July.

I stupidly signed up for a free estimate for something at the house and home show and those people have been calling me nonstop from a RESTRICTED number which I refuse to answer.

Next week-- the big first week of the month: radio mtg. Monday, GNO Weds., Big James at Hines Farm Sat. Also I see there's no longer any mention of Phat Noiz at the ClaZel on their website.
________________________________________

No comments: