Monday, February 22, 2010

Last week of February

The ice storm overnight did not materialize. It stayed above freezing so we got some slushy snow but no big deal.

Tonight, good job for me. I made chicken enchiladas and chicken salad out of my rotisserie chicken. Did an hour long exercise thing. Did dishes. Again.

Yesterday I made salmon en croute. With baked potatoes and roasted carrots. OMG it was delicious.



And so easy! And cheap. The whole meal cost about $12. I had never worked with that puff pastry before but I'll do it again. Also made the apple galette. Had the other half of my salmon and baked potato for lunch today.

And have half the galette left. Plus it's so easy! Just put a bunch of apple slices on a pie crust and sprinkle on a bunch of butter and sugar and some cinnamon and bake. Yumba.

I also cleaned yesterday. Yeah, that might not sound like much to you, but cleaning is not a weekly activity for me.

Last night, the little kitty is on point in the kitchen, staring at the pantry cabinet. She sat very still, very still and then BAM she springs and comes up with a mouse in her jaws. Dead with one chomp. And this is a cat with no front claws. I must take back everything bad I've ever said about her.

Here's a thing that got carved out of a red pepper.



I'm gonna let it dry out and see what happens.

Plus two nights in a row, I've had to mess with 13abc.com. Thank you work, for paying my cable/internet bill.
____________________________

No comments: