Sunday, December 06, 2009

Catching up

Today, Santa was at the Toledo Botanical Garden, so I had my picture taken with him.


Here's an email from Sal:

Duck season opened last weekend and we took Chuck Motley on Saturday. Didn’t BAG anything but it was nice being out there. The boy, Willie, smiled and wagged his tale non-stop (5 hours) much to our amusement. Went again on Sunday with a river bud and I bagged a beautimous Woodie. Willie did the same and jumped and ran endlessly while we were picking up decoys.

Later in the day Willie seemed to be bothered by his butt and was then experiencing muscle spasms in his intestinal area, or so we thought. Thinking he may have ingested something horrendous on the island that he could not expel, we took him to the Emergency Animal Hospital. Very depressing place. After several hours and examination and x-rays we found that he had broken his tail and amazingly, his penis!!!! Poor Willie, the best and worst weekend of his life. He is resting comfortably on pain pills in his kennel, which we had to drag out of the depths under the house.

Also this is what's wrong with the world today (from some news media blog):

“Say you’re a sports fan at a college football game, and another game that’s really important to you is on at the same time,” he said. “While I’m watching my team live in the stadium, I’ll want to be watching the other team on a handheld portable device.”

OMG I do not even want to watch one thing, let alone 2 at once. If you're watching, you're not DOING anything.

Speaking of which, I have been doing for the entire weekend and now it is Sunday evening and back to the slave pit tomorrow.

Friday night Ginger and Amy and I went to the Wood Co. Historical Society holiday gala, where we ate Korean noodles and grape leaves and tamales and mashed potatoes on stew and hummus and kibbie balls and a variety of desserts including Mexican bread pudding and 2 kinds of baklava. So we didn't make it to Polka Floyd.

Yesterday I went to get new lenses put in my current glasses frames but after I was read the disclaimer about how if the lenses or frames broke during the process, I would have to pay for it ALL, I decided to get new lenses which I hope are not Sarah Palin-ish. So I ate at the Corner Grill and did a few other things and then it was time for the radio show. After which I went to Les Robertson's birthday bash in Toledo and then went out for sushi with Stubbs and Gus and Chip.

Today Amy and I went to see Dr. Sue's photos at the National Photography Center at Secor Park and ate at Cafe Marie beforehand and after went to the Botanical Garden and Pier 1 where I bought more wine glasses. Always looking for the perfect ones at a good price. And where I shoulda bought the gift for the ornament exchange at work. Duh.

A big weekend of chow and no exercise. Good job. And 5 weeks to Mexico.

GNO was here Wednesday and it was a good turnout considering the events of the week and the crappy rainy weather. Much wine was drunken. The last guests left at 12:30. AM.
________________________

No comments: