Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just about ready



Today I went to Delaware where my mom had up this very nice Christmas tree and many many of the ornaments we packed up when she moved. We ate at Bob Evans and then went shopping at WalMart, Kohl's and Meijer where she received two sweatshirts and a sweater and a pair of jeans and I self-gifted a fleece. Then we went back to her house and she gave me a lovely rust fleecy sweater. Which I really like.

She also told me Woes of Karen which include that the gas and electric bill are in arrears at the trailer in my mom's name. What does Karen do with her money? she wonders. PURPORTEDLY, Karen gets $1,000 a month in unemployment so why could she not keep up on these bills since my mom was paying the entire rent out there. My mom struggles with should she have left Karen but come on, what is up with that girl?? I can (kind of) understand that she has multiple physical and mental depression problems. Kind of. But she put their old dryer in the shed when she got the one from the people next door who got evicted so that someday, when she has some money ahead (contain yourself), she'll get it fixed. A used dryer they bought off Craigslist. See, this is just not clear thinking. Plus bill collectors call my mom constantly for Karen. What are these bills? Why does a 50-year-old woman not have one friend in the world? And many more questions along these lines.

My mom is loving living where she is now, with the human interaction and regulated heat and no animals destroying her furniture.

Tickets for Paul Thorn at the Ark went on sale yesterday for a show March 26. The Michigan Union ticket office wasn't open yesterday so I'll buy some Monday AM.

Tonight I made a list of clothes to take to Texas where it's about 55 in the day and 30 at night. So I can throw them in the suitcase Tuesday night and then get up Weds. AM about 4 and drive to DTW. It's not the driving up there I hate so much; it's the parking. I think I'll do the off-airport with shuttle this time. In January for Mexico I think I will do the stay over the night before deal. I'll book that now. Done.

OK two days of work.
__________________________

No comments: