Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Now we're cookin'

An exhausting week so far.

Monday, Sal and Carrie and I saw the Subdudes at the Ark. They were fabulous. I must say the economy is hitting the music scene hard as the show was not even close to sold out. Shocking. Ate at Conor O'Neil's: mussels, salads, fried Brie, salmon and shrimp cakes. Yumba.

Tuesday, went to an Arts Commission holiday soiree and then to the Blarney for fish and chips.

Tonight, had dinner with my ex mother in law at her house. Heard all about her new romance. Oh yeah. She's 79, he's 81. More info than I needed on his prowess. LOL Also she gave me some wrapped presents that I'm sure I cannot take on the plane since I won't be checking any luggage. Maybe I'll ship them to Austin. Hmmmm. Or unwrap them for the trip and rewrap.

Tomorrow night Calico Sage for a little shopping.

My daughter emails that Tom's girlfriend has sent this message:
I've made reservations for one of the best restaurants in the world, Uchi. They only had space for the night ya'll get in town so I was thinking it's be fun to get a motel room in the city so we could have a raucous night out with out the drive home. Plus this motel is extra special and on South Congress. http://www.austinmotel.com

Plus this place is right near the Continental Club where Toni Price plays on Tuesdays (of course, we're getting there Wednesday-- sad face) but James McMurtry is there the night we're there! Ready to run up the credit card.
__________________

No comments: