Friday, April 03, 2009

Yay weekend!

I planted 72 little seedling things in a flat with a plastic dome cover and now only 6 days later, I have things coming up! I made this chart of what I planted and now, depending on whether I turned the flat around or not (can't remember), I have chives and cilantro coming up OR cosmos and asters. I'm trying to keep them warm by leaving them on the floor by a register and shining a desk lamp on them for a few hours. I am hoping that it will become warm enough to put them outside for a while each day to get good growth going.

Didn't go to GNO although I hear it was heavily attended. The May one is at Deb's with the annual white elephant swap at Martha's driveway. Time to dig out stuff I don't need. And probably come home with more stuff I don't need.

I got an email back from the arborist saying I would receive a letter outlining how the city will fix my sidewalk and my driveway apron and save the tree. No letter yet.

Have been very bad on the cooking school, making too much stuff that I don't end up eating all of and then feeling bad about how there are starving people.

Wednesday I went to Elder Beerman and bought two pairs of jeans and two belts and today I took back one pair of jeans plus a pair of shoes I had bought about 3 weeks ago which I had tried on several times and although they were the Born shoes, could not talk myself into thinking I'd wear them and a shirt I had bought before I went to Mexico that at the time I thought was black but was actually navy blue. Plus the one pair of jeans I kept turn out to be ill-fitting although they have the spandex in them, they have baggy legs and after a couple hours of wearing them, the waistband is stretched out and they look like they are some large mom's jeans.

I have been keeping track of what I eat to see why I am not slimmer and although I have had a breakfast burrito from McD's twice this week (300 calories, 16 g. of fat) I have otherwise eaten sensibly. Plus I lifted weights Monday and did a Pilates Wednesday and walked Thursday. Maybe it's that 500 calories of wine a day. I'll get right on that. I did have a cookie one day.

At least, work has been much better since I adopted the less-thinking regime.

Radio show tomorrow plus Frostbite at the ClaZel. Big James is at Hines Farm but I feel the ClaZel is all I'll do. Starts at 7. Come on down!
_______________________

No comments: