Sunday, April 05, 2009

Shopping

Amy calls today about 11:15 to see if I want to ride to the Rt 20 shopping extravaganza and I agree to see if they have those canvas skimmers at Target. Suddenly presented with a variety of goods, I purchase:
Two bed pillows
Two ceramic pots that I envision on my new porch
A Houdini wine opening kit that includes the rabbit opener, a foil remover, an extra corkscrew for the opener, two corkers, a pourer, a corker for fizzy drinks
Two boxes of Triscuits
A bag of Panko bread crumbs
A pair of Keds slip-ons
Two outdoor glass-top, fold-up end tables
Two pairs of underwear
Three pairs of garden gloves
An Easter card
A magnet-backed pad of list paper
12 cans of kitty din

Now I'm making a lovely dinner of baked potato, a red snapper fillet I got at Stimmel's giant seafood sale and some green beans with bacon.

Saturday night we went to the ClaZel to see Frostbite with Doreen Robideaux singing. They were very good (Whippin' Post especially) and it was a small but appreciative crowd. Stacy Mitchhart's promoter fell at the bottom of the spiral staircase and broke her bottle and cut her hand so she was walking around with a wet towel wrapped around it. The boys were watching the Final Four games at the bar. All of my pictures are so bad I can't even post any. I need a new camera. Sal's Olympus takes great pictures. I need to look into this. Gonyer bought one on eBay. I better look around.

The Humane Society wine and cheese is May 29 at the Hilton Garden Inn at Levis Commons. I am donating a bracelet that I have had for years that is too big and I kept meaning to have it made smaller and have earrings made from the extra links but alas, it ain't happening. Plus I found this other bracelet I bought somewhere that is much nice anyway. Plus last night I shined up my old asian themed bracelet and wore that.

I talked to my mom for an hour tonight. My sister has taken in another dog, a husky mix. So that's 2 dogs, 4 cats. And Karen's disability was denied surprise. And my mom had to have 2 teeth extracted. It's just one thing after another with those two.
______________________

No comments: