Saturday, April 11, 2009

whirlwind

First, let me say that I am sorry to have accused Chip of cheating at cards when we were at Dylan and Stef's Friday night. I may have seen him steal the deal and PERHAPS reneg once or twice in other card-playing times, which may have been inadvertent, but cheating is a bad charge. So, sorry. I hope this doesn't ding me from future card fun.

Stef's party was a swell time. Many older folks were there when we got there at 8:15 but by the time we left at midnight, it had been taken over by utes, as it should be.

Friday I called in sick at work because, well, there are many reasons but I really was stuffed up and well, there wasn't any news and well, it was Good Friday etc etc. I stayed in bed til almost 2 reading. And eating.

Thursday was a swell time at the ClaZel. MANY people were in attendance, tons of whom NEVER come out for fun. Amy and I left at midnight and she offered to give Fred and Jo Sears a ride and when we got to the car, Fred says "Oh I forgot it was a two-door" as if this was a deal-breaker so I get in the back saying I was fully bendable, which after all the whiskey I drank, was true. Chip sent me some photos which I could not retrieve from home from my work email so I will post them later.

OMG, the horn players for Stacy Mitchhart are just the cutest boys EVER. It was a high energy night. Chris Shutters got onstage and played Red House, one of the best versions I've ever heard and then Stacy came back onstage and played with Chris and Stacy's band. Chris's PR person gave me a CD of his because somebody (my new friend Patrick) had told her I was the person who needed to have Chris's CD, which I played a cut of on my radio show today.

Kelly Wicks called during my show today to discuss the state of live music in BG. I opined that the ClaZel was not doing themselves any favors by having so many blues bands because the crowd for that was limited. I also said that Alex was doing a good job of bringing bands to Howard's and we agreed that the sound situation in there is not good. Plus the hospitality for the bands there is marginal, as Greg Ginn and the Texas Regulators had to buy their own beers, for chrissakes. Kelly also said the corporate sponsors for the Swamp had pulled out for this year and that personal donations would be appreciated. At last, the full schedule for the festival is online.

Amy and I discussed tonight that maybe the Swamp could pull back on the number of bands it books as most festivals we see have MAYBE 6 bands over the course of a day rather than the 9 the Swamp has. Something to consider to save money.

Today, hmmm, did a radio show, went to the Corner Grill for sausage gravy and biscuits with scrambled eggs, went to Meijer, cleaned the house. Tomorrow I hope to screw around in the yard, hoping the damn NE wind will have died down. Plus I will make the biggest delicious breakfast ever. As I will not be receiving any chocolate bunnies. Which I would not be so keen on anyway as I have not seen any made of 70% cacao.

Also I went to the bank this morning to find out how fast I could pay off my house if I made extra principal payments which the woman I talked to could not tell me so they are are having a mortgage person call me. Christ, I rolled out of bed for THIS? Some online mortgage calculator says that if I pay an extra $1,000 a month, I could pay if off by next October. I hope this is true.

Got 2 books at the library today that I had ordered in: Jim Harrison's newest novel "The English Major" and "The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb which is 752 pages.

Note to self: car windows.
____________________________________

No comments: