Monday, September 15, 2008

Travelin' light

I've embarked on the massive cleanout. Closets, for starters. The one in the green room had clothes I wore to work in the 80s. Many were size 14 but although now I only wear a 10 (OK, maybe some 12s), these old clothes are too small. Talk about your variable sizing. Which was a question on Who Wants to be a Millionaire today. Does variable sizing make you look (a) taller (b) richer (c) slimmer (d) smarter?

Then I started on my bedroom closet where I weeded out some stuff that I may bring to GNO because it's nice stuff-- Jones New York, Ann Taylor, Liz Claiborne -- but I'm never gonna get into again. And maybe I didn't even like it in the first place because some still have store tags on them.

So I had emptied the big Rubbermaid tote of sweaters first of all and kept 6 out of 24. So I decide if this is all the sweaters I have, I'll get one of those sweater organizer things that hang on a rod. And I put all the extra blankets in the tote and put it in the closet in the green room. But then I find more sweaters, good ones that I forgot I had, on hangers in the bedroom closet. So now I think I may have to unpack the blankets, restore the sweaters to the tote and keep it, um, somewhere.

I could put the blankets and sheets in that flat closet in the hallway which is full of jackets that could go in the front room coat closet if I cleaned THAT out. And if I installed some shelves in that flat closet. Which wouldn't be that hard.

Also tonight I made some pesto but not much. I need to pick the rest of that basil and pesto it up and freeze it. Picked about 40 Roma tomatoes and 4 big ones. I keep trying to find a recipe for tomato sauce that you freeze but mostly the scoop is that if you're going to freeze it, it won't be any better than commercially canned sauce. So why bother? Or as the Joker says, Why so serious??

Plus I made a grilled Muenster with tomato and basil but I had to eat it with a fork because of my jaw. The dentist said today that I should keep taking the Soma and the amoxicillin and the ibuprofen and eventually, my jaw will be better. Sometimes it takes months, he says. Sheesh.

Also yesterday I put that cabinet I got from Mrs. Crazy Lady's curbside in the green room and filled it with CDs. I'm not sure I like it. Plus it's FULL. So it's not really a very forward-looking CD storage plan.

And I emptied my 2 jewelry boxes into the big new one and now it's pretty much full. So no new jewelry. Ever.

And I went to the library and got Annie Proulx's That Old Ace in the Hole which I don't remember reading and I thought I had read everything she's written. Which is not that much as she didn't start writing until she was in her 50s. Because she thought she hadn't had enough experience until then. Inspirational.

Plus I got that Rolling Stones Satanic whatever and Bonnie Raitt's Souls Alike which is very lounge-like. I will burn the Stones one though as I don't have it.

No comments: