Sunday, September 21, 2008

just the most exciting life ever

I took a huge amount of stuff to the Goodwill yesterday. I also went to the farmer's market and bought some chicken sausage and some bacon and an aster plant. Then I went out to the Naturally Native Nursery on 582 where frankly, everything looks like weeds. I suppose that's what native plants are in a flat former swamp, stuff that could take it and win out over various weather situations. I didn't buy anything. Frankly, I think I have had some of these things and pulled them out. So much for my native plant thing.

Friday, I went to the new Fresh Market at Westgate. It's not all that big inside and the produce was expensive and not all that great looking although I need to go back and see if it's locally produced or at least not commercially produced. They have a counter full of prepared salads and an already-cooked meat case along with fresh meat and a bakery full of delightful sweets and a lot of sauces and compotes and stuff in jars and a very small wine section. Then I went to an estate sale off Bancroft and bought a small pan with lid, a basket, a photograph book with old photos of the Eyster family in Toledo and bag of matchbooks, all for $5.

Thursday at lunch I had gone to the new Burlington Coat Factory which is where the Best Buy used to be at Reynolds and Airport. Racks and racks of clothes of varying quality and shoes fit for a drag queen. There were housewares and stuff too but I didn't have time to look at them.

Today, Amy and Sherry and I went to Springhill Nursery in Tipp City. Wow, when googling I see that in 2002 the place had gone bankrupt after 152 years and abruptly closed and re-opened 8 months later after being bought by some garden place in Indiana. We all had $25 off the purchase of $50 of stuff coupons so we bought. I got a pinky winky hydrangea, a purple salvia, a fleece something or other and a xenox sedum. All for $30!

And I mowed after yesterday STARTING to mow and then the oil dipstick pops up and oil starts spewing all over the mower and smoking so I shut it off and came in and looked on the internet and it seemed like it wouldn't really hurt it so today I put in some more oil and it worked just fine. And I had to water. This week I think I will whack at those green bushes out front in the evening. And get some of those new plants in the ground.

GNO has been moved to Oct. 8 to accommodate going to GFT on Oct. 1 to see Little Cow although I don't know how many people are that pumped up about seeing them. The were wacky at the Swamp.

Also last week I watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford which was wayyyyyyyyy too long, even with Brad Pitt portraying Jesse James as some kind of lunatic. Here is a Google result for Jesse James lunatic about that movie:
"It is perhaps pertinent to note, first off, that Jesse James is a dickhead. A lunatic and a dickhead." So he was shot and then Robert Ford was later shot because he thought everyone would be glad he had rid the world of the outlaw but alas there is always some nutcase who will stand up for the lunatic outlaws. That's why there are Republicans.

Also I saw Tropic Thunder and laughed continuously for 107 minutes. Tom Cruise is hilarious. I never thought I would say that.

So another 5-day work week coming up but then I leave Saturday for North Dakota, returning Tuesday afternoon. Says the weather will be in the upper 60s to low 70s with lows in the mid 40s. And sunny. Keep your fingers crossed that my flights go on time. Apparently this trip is real popular as almost all the seats are taken AND it now costs $1,680 instead of the $310 I paid. Sheesh.

Also I sent some of you this household hints email about scrubbing out your dryer's lint trap because some build-up from dryer sheets gets on there and clogs it up, eventually burning out your dryer motor. I just now ran water through mine, which was not clogged. So I thought maybe this was urban legend but snopes.com says it's TRUE. So maybe it's the fragrance in dryer sheets that clogs it because I use the scent-free ones.

No comments: