Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Labor Day and Swamp

The Labor Day party was the usual fun and I had hauled all this furniture out into the yard as well as the grill so we had the party away from the patio which worked out great. But I have no pictures. There were such great appetizers that the groaning buffet seemed excessive. But then we are Americans. Then I worked 2 days that week before the Swamp Fest.

The music was all excellent but I seem to only have taken three pictures of Eilen Jewell who was deeeelightful. I sold some CDs and hung around backstage some but also got out into the crowd. I bought a lovely bracelet and a fab jewelry box of oak.

I'm sorry I missed the Dirty Dozen Brass Band playing with Rod's Collision. But my knee was all puffed and painful and so I went home. Tomorrow I may seek medical attention as now my jaw, which has been too sore to open my mouth, is puffy as well. I have tried all the pain relievers and even got this Soma stuff from the dentist but nothing helps. I'm sorry to complain like this.

Plus work has been a bitch with all this Extreme Makeover: Home Edition stuff going on. And Erin is off Friday so I'll have to work a long day and I'll go in on Sunday to watch over the exciting conclusion of the EM:HE project.

Upcoming music:
Joe Moss (Nick's brother) at FFB Sept. 12
Lil Ed at FFB Sept. 20
Polka Floyd at Howard's Sept. 26
Soul Shine with Hubert Sumlin Sept. 27
Maurice John Vaughn at Hines Farm Sept. 27
JBD plus 2 at Grumpy Dave's Oct. 3
Todd Snider at Detroit Institute of the Arts Oct. 17
Rod's Collision at Alicia's Voice benefit Oct. 24
Eddie Shaw at Hines Farm Oct. 25
Eddie Shaw at the HiNote Dec. 19

No comments: