Friday, October 12, 2007

how could I be so far behind???

Plus I have just been worthless for the pictures. Maybe now that it's cooler weather and I have pockets, I'll carry that camera around more.

Here are the few pictures from the Harvest Party. Chip caught this mouse at his house and felt compelled to carry it around in the back of his truck


Some shoes being tossed.

The fire which, although totally unnecessary, was nice.


It was a swell party. It was unbelievably warm. We had on tank tops.

So since my last post, Donna had a birthday party at Missy's. That is one beautiful porch. It was kind of an odd guest list: Norm Heineman and woman, Vic and woman, Nick Subic and woman, Gus, Chip later, Myles cooking his "famous" chicken, Sherry, Fred, Amy, Jenks and man, Jo Sears, Ontha and cleavage.

And then there was the second round of the BSBS blues finals at Mickey Finn's on Sept. 30 Wherein four bands advanced. The finals are tomorrow night at the Maumee Indoor. Rod's needs to zip it up, which was discussed with the band members later. Go boys.

Went to see my mom on Sept. 30 as well. Things are going OK down there. Marginally. But I cannot insert myself into this except to send them some money to buy Halloween candy as they apparently can expect hordes of trick or treaters.

I went to Home Depot and had them come measure my kitchen for new cabinets and have a price from them of around $4,500. I'm getting a couple more quotes before I jump into anything. Who knows who can put a privacy fence up along the back of my yard?

So really that's about it except of course continuous partying around.

After I got back from New York on Sept. 21, my daughter came to town Sept. 26-29 just to get out of the city, as she says. Coincidentally, my old boyfriend Barker was in town Sept. 22-30 and on Sat. night we were all in Nate and Wally's at the same time. "Uncle Steve," Anne said in her facetious way. Bad picture, cell phone, in the bar, but they look lovely. I also went out with Barker on Weds. night to 149 North where we took advantage of the dangerous Wine Night specials. First glass, $3, subsequent glasses $1. Too many subsequent glasses. I had to call in sick at work the next day, which I have done about 3 times in 7 years.



And here is a camel, which was in the parking lot of the small mall the other night when I came out of the gym. Oh right, I joined the gym at the mall.


So coming up we have the Doug and Connie party on Oct. 20 followed by the Welders that night at Howard's, the same day Miss Jenks turns 54, the last time she'll turn anything in Ohio as she is moving to North Dakota in January. Prior to that, there is Bucktown Kickback at Nate and Wally's on the 18th and JoeBobDuda at GFT on the 19th. And Kim Sockman has invited me (and other spirited partyers, she says) to her house on Oct. 27, the night of Kay and Jacqui's party.

And here is video on YouTube of Millie, the island deer up at Put-in-Bay.

No comments: