Monday, September 24, 2007

time flies

I guess I'll go in reverse order since I may never get to that stuff that happened clear back around Sept. 12, the day after my last post, as I can't remember things. I should take more notes.

So I was off the week of Sept. 10 but I didn't do anything recognizable. It was just nice to be off, not to go in every day. I looked at cabinets at Home Depot. Made an appointment to have them come measure, which I blew off. Then I left for NYC on Sunday, the 16th. Had dinner with Anne that night and hung out. Monday, we went to see Regis and Kelly and then went shopping. Just went to regular stores we could have gone to here, except majorly larger versions of them-- Payless, H&M, Old Navy, Macy's. Also went to Filene's Basement on Broadway where I bought a pant suit to wear the first day of my meetings. Bought a bikini for Mexico at H&M, some underwear.

The meetings were good, they feed us continuously. Went to the Red Eye Grill Tuesday night and Del Frisco's Wednesday. The bill at Del Frisco's for 25 people was $4,000. Of course, Disney picked up the tab. Went out drinking after both nights although I was pretty pooped Wednesday. Rooftop terrace bars at fancy hotels, the Hudson and the Peninsula. One round of drinks at the Hudson was $250. Of course, Disney paid. Did a lot of walking but not enough to offset the massive food intake. Got home late Friday night.

Did a radio show Saturday. Mowed. Spent an hour Sunday ripping recipes out of Bon Appetit magazines. Went to see Fred Eaglesmith at the Ark Sunday night. Last night. Sheesh, it's tiring. In bed last night around 11:30 and my old boyfriend Barker calls to say he's in town and I thought we would have some cocktails tonight but alas I am blown off so now it's maybe Wednesday.

Click here for a picture of my daughter and her boyfriend.

I was going to go see Tom in New Orleans the weekend of Oct. 13 but he called me while I was shopping at Macy's in New York and said his good bicycle had been stolen after his beater bike was destroyed when he got hit by a car. No details on that hit by a car thing. Plus his girlfriend's Vespa was stolen. They're going to Austin the weekend of the Harvest party. But all reports are that the crime is so bad down there and I would have so little time to hang out with him, I think I will not go.

Now I'm not going to Put-in-Bay this weekend, opting to do my only radio show from now til Oct. 27 and go see my mom on Sunday. Also Sunday is Rod's Collision at Mickey Finn's in the second half of the first round of the Blues Battle for Memphis.

Listening to Shake Hands with Shorty by the North Mississippi Allstars.

OK on to the photos. They are in no particular order because it takes me a long time to put them in the photo software and sort through them and put them in Photoshop to resize them and post them and then to sort them by name, well, that ain't happening because I'm drinking Scotch. Bear with me. Remember, click on a photo to see a larger version.

At St. Mary's, they had this big stage and off to the side this ginormous Jumbotron on which they were showing the OSU game. I had never seen so much Buckeye paraphernalia in my life, shirts, chairs, etc. And when Michigan lost to Appalachian State on the TV in the vendor tent, the screaming was unbelievable. Doug and I were over looking at the canal at the time, and thought maybe something bad had happened.


OK, skip ahead. Here's Regis and Kelly.


Here's Anne and Kelly. She asked me not to put this photo on the internet because she has a goofy look on her face, but I did anyway.


Another picture of Kelly to show you how close we were. Like 4 feet away.


Here's Miss Annie warbling with Joe at the Huntington Courtyard at the Swamp.


Now, she has retired to the audience.


Here's what Anne and I ate at Cafe Matin in NYC. Crab remoulade and croque monsieur, which is basically an open face ham and grilled cheese. Had a bottle of Loire wine, white, crisp, delicious.


At the Swamp I got this shot of Esther.


Again, the Elderly Brothers with Miss Annie.


How's it goin'? Dave Scott, caught in a rare public appearance.


This is a funny picture, because when we were in L.A., we all put out our Disney corporate cards so the server would have to split up the bill 12 ways. Even though, in the end, they were all being paid out of the same budget and not ours. Hope you can't read the expiration dates on those.

Doug searches fruitlessly for his wife in the crowd at the Swamp.


Are these guys happy or what???


Blondes. Sheesh.


Two thirds of the Barker children. The other one is visiting BG this week and maybe we'll have some cocktails sometime. We were supposed to tonight but he called, jammed up, the usual. Oh, I remember now. Maybe Wednesday. Anne comes that day to stay until Saturday.


Thursday, Rod's practices at Fred's garage so maybe some women will have to have some beverages elsewhere.

Here a couple of pictures from music. This one is Fred at the Ark last night. Short show. Started at 7:30 and at 8:58, they're saying Good night but Fred comes back out for 15 minutes.


And here's a shot of Todd and Will in Tennessee. Cell phone.


And when does this craziness stop? No time soon. Because the holiday season is just around the corner.

No comments: