Thursday, October 25, 2007

watching charlotte


I am sitting Gus and Annette's dog while they are in Mexico for the Kern-Doster nuptials. Actually I heard the nuptials were already performed in the US for legal reasons and then there's this wedding thing in Mejico and then there's a party on Nov. 10.

Gus brought her and her luggage over Tuesday evening and there was some whimpering and general cat fear but we all got to sleep somewhere. Charlotte came in about 3 a.m. just to see if I was still there, I guess, and I gave her a pat on the head and told her to go back to bed and she did.


Wednesday, everything went smoothly in the morning and I fed Miss Jenks's cat. Wednesday evening, I walked Charlotte over to feed the Jenks cat. She was very good walking on the leash. Then there was some business with the squeaky dog toy she has when we got back. She just pokes its belly with her nose so it will squeak. No pulling, no biting.

Then I went over to Amy's for some health beverage. When I got back, everybody went out and when they came in, the cats decided they would sleep on the bed and everybody was cool. The Big slept on my head like I hope he will after I've been drinking wine.

Today, Thursday, everybody is passing each other warily in the upstairs rooms but overall, it's a giant success. She is the best pet guest one could hope for.

Here's a cartoon Connie Z sent in email:


I emailed Tom about whether he had experienced any flooding in the rains Tuesday but of course, we only get the exaggerated picture here and he had no pictures to send me.

Tomorrow night, Annie and I are going to drink whiskey after I go to the Home Depot and get my final estimate on the cabinets which I think I will have Wayne Welling install. Although I am not signing up for anything tomorrow night. Just getting the prices. Because I should get another price from Lowe's or someplace. This is the countertop I like.

Listening to the new Mark Knopfler CD, Kill to Get Crimson which is great. Radio show Saturday and I have some new stuff.

Friday, Joe Bob Duda at Cucina but I may have to pass. Saturday, three Halloween parties. We'll see which one(s) I get to. Kind of crappy weather coming but at least the wind will switch back around to the southwest.

No comments: