Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A typical day

This morning, I had a required meeting at unemployment. I had not printed out my resume and some pdf file I had to fill in, so I got them on my flash drive and went to Staples where two employees had no idea how to use the computers at the front of the store in the copy center to do this. So I jammed in my debit card, plugged in my flash drive, and did it in about 2 minutes. I guess THERE'S a job opp for me.

At unemployment, I was certain my interviewer was a drag queen until she started telling me her life story which involved a male husband although she HAD owned a trucking company in her former life, so I guess I'm still not sure. In the hour I spent there, about 18 minutes was about me and the rest about her and life in general.

Then I went to lunch with Amy at City Tap, where I had a Groupon. She was taking the afternoon off.

After that I painted the west side of the garage, having done the back yesterday. It was the end of the Sanctuary color paint I had used on the house. Actually, I only got half of the side done and ran out of paint. So I'm contemplating getting a gallon of Cricket, the next color down on the paint chart and finishing the side of the garage and then using the rest to repaint the front and driveway side of my house as I have felt the Sanctuary was a tad too yellow. The paint is $5 off this weekend at Home Depot.

Where I also looked at concrete blocks to make a planter of sorts around the tree on my east lot line, under which nothing will grow as the dirt is apparently dead. The ones Amy uses are 22 lbs. each which I think would kill me. They have some that are 11 lbs. each but I would need more of them although they are cheaper. Still pondering this.

Also I read a bunch of Ann Beattie stories on the deck. And played Words with Friends with Jen from (my former) work. It was a beautiful day.

And I watered. And made garage sale signs although now it may have to be delayed a week because my Uncle Jim has died. He was 95. Funeral arrangements are pending.

I lifted weights during reruns of Two and a Half Men.

Then I came in here and whacked away at the B&B website AGAIN and practiced on my new electric guitar. And now it's midnight.

So that's what I'm doing with my unemployment.
_______________________

No comments: