Friday, July 08, 2011

What do you do all day?

People keep asking me this and the answer is, I don't know. Yesterday, for example, I had a walk and then I weeded the far back which looks nice now that Amy helped me erect the bamboo fence/background. Then I was on my way to Amy's to get a couple concrete blocks and I saw an estate sale sign, so I went and bought a big broom and a socket wrench set and some picture frames and then I went to a yard sale on S. Grove and bought a big ashtray and a cookbook and a couple bowls. I had been on my way to Home Depot and Staples but alas I never made it. The afternoons go by fast and I can never account for what happened. Like now, I should go in and do a Pilates as I have not done one for a while and i didn't walk today. Plus I need a printer for my computer. Plus I have this half-baked idea about making a low wall area over by the fence on the east side on top of the dead dirt which I would fill with pots with shade plants surrounded by mulch. For this year. I am reluctant to build the wall enclosure, fill it with hauled-in dirt, plant plants and watch them die. Like all those hosta did over there.

Connie DiPuccio made a good comment at GNO about how I can't really enjoy my time off as I know the clock is ticking for finding a job. Which is true although yesterday and today I have made about no effort in that regard. I should make a daily planner and accomplish the stuff on it instead of just winging it. Plus I haven't done anything in regards to syndicating my radio show or making those Don't Remember buttons or drumming up business maintaining local business websites and Facebooks.

I spent some time looking for tickets online to see Los Lobos at Meadow Brook Hall Aug. 12. I posted some pix to Facebook. I try to stay off Facebook as it's a real time waster.

Last night Amy and I went to Revolver in Findlay where we had pork belly hash and a salad for appetizers and then Amy got pork loin with fennel gratin and a pineapple glaze and I had ricotta gnudi with pea sauce and chicory. For dessert we got 3 ice cream sandwiches, each with a different cookie and ice cream: lemon sorbet in ginger snaps, chocolate in chocolate chip and raspberry in oatmeal. It was all good with a bottle of Cote du Rhone Village which we had to take some home because I was driving.

Today I have watered and weeded extensively and it's noon. I see I have got emails from Jessica about revising (hopefully for the last time) the B&B website. Plus Jean Geist has emailed about turning her novel into an e-book which I said I would help her with in July and here it is, July.

Girls Night Out at Annette's was a great time, good breeze in the shade on an otherwise hot day. Earlier that day, I had gone to Delaware to my Uncle Jim's funeral service and got home just in time to put together cream cheese on celery before Sherry picked me up for GNO.

tomorrow, I have a radio show and it's the pond party.

And now it's 12:30. Weiser out.
_________________

No comments: