Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lazy days of summer

Today I cleaned some floors with Orange Glo and then walked downtown with Sherry to have lunch with Ginger and Connie at the Call. I also bought 20 more blocks for my retaining wall planter bed project and a bag of sand. Went to the farmer's market and spent the rest of my money on lettuce and a coral bells and a coleus and green beans and red potatoes and a cupcake and a piece of pie. Now it's 5 pm and i'm having a beer on my deck. Hard life. Saw Jack and Lynn Nachbar at the farmer's market who were with the Peslikises.

My boy called me last night, an unexpected pleasure. Just checking in, I guess. Says he's saving money up and eventually Jess will move out there and they'll get an apartment etc. Miss him.

Yesterday it was hotter than the blazes so about all I did was go for an early walk and weed some stuff at Chip's and read and go to Snaps practice. We're still planning on playing at Tuna Fest, if it's still on.

Monday there was torrential rain which is good as we are way behind on rainfall. Plus I finished the B&B website and it's online.

Found out they're moving Mr. Spot's to the old Pauper's bookstore between Howard's and the Grill.

Saturday was the pond party and it was blazing hot and I shoulda worn a swimsuit but alas I did not. The food was unbelievable: caesar salad and Asian cole slaw and dump cake and fruit on top of cake and smoked wings. Amy and I stayed til 9 pm but no music was being played, amazingly enough.

Now I have too many fruits and vegetables. I better get a plan or I'll once again be throwing away food which you would think I would know better than to do on my fixed income.
________________________

No comments: