Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Step 2

No wonder I never get this step on my lawn. The grass has to have dew on it or you have to sprinkle AND you can't mow for 24 hours afterward AND it can't rain for 24 hours afterward. But today was the perfect storm of those conditions so I did it. It's the weed and feed one.

Also Kroger sux. They do not have lime Perrier and only one type of canned tuna in olive oil.

Small town goodness: I threw my sweatshirt on my hatchback and left it there when I left for the store and when I came back down Grove St., there it was in the street so I stopped and picked it up. Duh.

And the intersection of Main and Poe is closed. You can come down Main and turn right onto Poe but that's about it. So I had to go through the Walgreen's parking lot and illegally turn left onto N. Main to go to Kroger. On the other hand, traffic is light as people are avoiding the area. I saw my neighbor Don at Kroger and he commented that our street has become a thoroughfare due to people swinging off Main before the closed part. I had to go to the yard waste on Frazee and turn at N. College because Poe eastbound is also closed. I need to check out if you can go back into those apartments at the far end of N. Grove and then come out on Main. I predict alleys will also be heavily travelled.

I finally got all the detritus in my side yard raked up and toted away.
________________

No comments: