Sunday, January 09, 2011

I'll never get caught up

Friday, Amy and I were going to go to Toledo in our nonsmoking avoidance way and go out to eat and see some bands, but alas the snow started so we ate a VERY lackluster dinner at SamB's and then drank and smoked, which we were very remorseful about on Saturday.

Saturday I went to the hat store in downtown BG and bought 2 hats and a vest. I"ll have to figure out if I can get some pix on here. Saturday night, Chip and I went to dinner at the Empire restaurant at Spring Meadows. It was WONDERFUL. We had a soup for two and spring rolls and the empire special and the scallops special. The Empire special was broccoli and baby corn and water chestnuts and snow peas and bok choy and scallops and shrimp in a light white wine sauce. And the candied walnuts that came with the other scallops were sinfully delicious. Then we went and looked at furniture at the Sofa Mart. Then we went to the Village Idiot to see the Homewreckers where we were packed in like sardines but fortunately we got a good place to stand. However, the sound system was all screwed up so most of the time Steve Athanas' mike was off and some of the other instruments were inaudible. We left after the first set. It was getting late. We're old.

Today, I made those chocolate covered cherry cookies I posted a pic of on Facebook and then hours later, I went to Meijer for supplies and then made a delicious mushroom stuffing and lasagna. Tomorrow night I have guts and buts at the gym, where I went today to sign up for the spring session. And a radio meeting.

Today I was on the couch with a book a lot.




It was a beautiful weekend, though cold. Sunny quite a bit, blue skies, always feels good.

No comments: