Sunday, January 09, 2011

Christmas

Well nobody took any pictures. But it was a wild and crazy time. By 1:30 Christmas Eve day, I had no visitors. Then my kids showed up but where was my mom? I called and she answered her phone, which means they hadn't left yet. So we start drinking wine and they get here about 4. Which was when I had to start cooking dinner. I made oven fried chicken and corn casserole and green bean casserole and put out some salads and everybody chowed down. After an afternoon of cheese and crackers and hummous and veg and deviled eggs (like 3 dozen of these over the days) and shrimp cocktail.

Presents were distributed and the kids were off to their dad's. Christmas Day my sister didn't get up til noon and then only when prodded and they left about 1:30, right before I went to do a Christmas radio show.

The next 4 days are a blur. I was sleeping on the couch. We were eating and drinking and playing games and screwing around on the iPad. There were many plans made and revised and visiting. Then they were gone. It was excellent. The holiday, not that they were gone.

But the holidays were not over. We went to a dinner party up on Corey Rd on the 29th that was a delight: bacon wrapped apricots and cheese crisps and squash soup and crab stuffed mushrooms and tuna baked in oil with tapenade and salsa and apple tart and bourbon balls. And lots of wine.

New Year's Eve was a quiet time at Fred and Sherry's. But the next week was GNO at Sherry's where much wine was downed. And great snacks, thanks Sherry.

Ginny Rose's 30the birthday is at Howard's Friday Jan. 14. Then on Saturday, I'm going to Flint to visit the distraught webmaster at WJRT. He says his wife is eager to meet me. I have told this guy for 5 years I would come visit them. So.

Maybe winter will just whiz by.

_______________________

No comments: