Sunday, January 16, 2011

Asset management

I decide to get the videos off my main computer, onto a flash drive, to my work computer, onto my iPad. If you've heard me whine, you'll know when I installed a OS update on my iPad at work, it ate the videos off there. Videos that I made with my digital camera or iPod, which are still on my main computer. But there's a software update available to install, so that's what's happening on that computer while I'm blogging from my iPad with my handy new keyboard dock. Another good thing about blogging on here is it has word fix.

I think I just need to bite the bullet and buy a new Mac.

Yesterday i tried to get into the wbgufm.com website to at least fix the schedule page, but alas it's done in Dreamweaver so I'll have to take it to work, Although Mark Zaborney is editing the home page. More investigation is necessary. Plus I had to decline helping with the Bradley Bayou website because they have big plans about adding video flash things and frankly it sounds like more work than I'm interested in.

Plus I thought I would take a whack at Jess's mom's B&B website. Haven't done that yet either. Sigh.

Plus yesterday I saw I have 368 photos on my phone, many of which would look good on the internet. AND moving stuff around on my main computer desktop, I see that I could do quite a few heavily-illustrated-by-photos travel articles. Madison Ribberfest. New Orleans. NY's Metropolitan Museum of Art. Mexico.

OK now I'm going to try and sync my iPod. Last time I tried this, the big computer wouldn't recognize my iPod AS an iPod, si it just randomly put music on it so now I have many songs on there twice.

It's only 9 a.m. and I have another day off tomorrow. Let's see what we can get done.

Last week, Amy sent me this link to someone's garden blog, which led me eventually to find out that there are so many garden bloggers,they have an annual convention! This year it's in Seattle.

Here's an unhandy feature on this iPad keyboard: right above the delete key, which I hit numerous times while typing, is a Lock key, that makes the IPad to go dark until you click it again. Sigh. Again.

_____________________

No comments: