Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last weekend of August

That produce stand on Wooster across from the hospital has some great stuff. Really good tomatoes (I didn't grow any red ones), various peppers, apricots, pears. It's that one in somebody's driveway where you just pay what you think is best. Plus it seems like I busted my ass before my radio show but now I can't remember what I did. Besides have a BLT with bacon from Belleville.

Later I went to Amy's and had steak and baked potatoes and grilled veggies and caprese salad and then I went out to the country to see the sun set.

Today I watered in the AM then went to visit my mom in the hospital who looked pretty good and is having some bowel scope tomorrow and thinks she will get to go home then. I told her I would come down next week and take her out to lunch.

Then I came home and washed and ironed and rehung all my curtains and my shower curtains and polished some hardwood and got some cobwebs down and ate a delicious grilled cheese/tomato/avocado and watered other stuff than I did this morning and now am watching the Emmys although I should be tidying up my bedroom.

Tomorrow night is the damn radio meeting and Wednesday GNO is chez moi and Thursday is Nick Moss at the Clazel and then it's Labor Day weekend. I was going to take the whole week off after Labor Day but now I think I'll just take Tuesday and Friday so I can take Sept. 16 off and pick up Karen Schaller from the airport.

This concert Sept. 4 at Promenade Park looks cool. As does this show at UT's Glass Bowl which is unfortunately the same night at Nick Moss.

Remember, it's Gus and Annette's on Labor Day, starts at 2, eat at 5:30. I'm taking deviled eggs. The first time I've made them all summer. Several years ago, I was making them about every weekend.

So anyway, guess I'll go to work tomorrow and see how things go.
_________________

1 comment:

Cheryl M. Takata said...

Mmmm, mmm, deviled eggs. I haven't made them since Easter. Might make some this weekend too, it is the one thing I know how to do.